Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are there any holidays that you couldn't care less about?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Everyone keeps going on and on about Thanksgiving and what they're eating, where they're going, who's coming to dinner, etc., and I just couldn't care less about it.

Are there any major holidays like New Years, Valentines Day, Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas that you just don't care about at all?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (61-65):
LADYxGHOST
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM
All of them.
squirrelml
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I dont care about any "white man's holiday" not to be bashed. But being Native American,I dont celebrate any holiday's that the white man created to make money off of other people. To celebrate the changes of the season is to give back to the mother earth not to profit from it.

Yes its nice to recieve gifts and fun to give them.But if the holidays were not so overly commericalized-perhaps I would rethink the "holidays" but for now Non of them sound appealing to me.

lovegrandbaby
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM

To me, all holidays are just commercialized, and the businesses only care about the almighty dollar.  I tell people that the holidays are just another day like any other.  Don't have family per se to get together with, so it's just my dh, ds, mother and I just like every day of the year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Halloween – Valentines’ – Easter – New Years
Mother’s Day - Father’s Day – St. Patrick’s Day

Labor Day – Columbus Day – Washington’s Birthday
thatgirl70
by Carin on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Most of them I don't make a big deal about, but they don't bother me either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)