Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What would you do if your mother in law did this?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 69 Replies

My mother in law has always hated me, even though she never took the chance to get to know me.. I stole her precious son.. blah blah. 

Well she has always been a drunk, and my husband has very negative memories about it growing up, some he cries about to this day. 

Here's what happened. 

She faked a heart attack.. My husband didnt fall for it, so he didnt reply to her texts or ask how she was doing. (I did however ask.. )

She texted him later saying she had some warm winter clothes for him, He didnt text back. 

Then a few days later she texts saying his brother was in an accident and needs major physical therapy.. Again he doesnt reply. 

So a few min later she texts me saying WORD FOR WORD.

"YOU THINK YOU'VE WON BITCH! YOU MESSED WITH THE WRONG MOM! I AM NOW YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE! YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHATS COMING!'

I replied, "what did I do?" 

Her reply, "FUCK YOU!" 

The next day.. (Today) A police officer shows up at my house to do a well child check(?) 

He made me strip my son to his diaper, checking for bruises. (etc) 

Then he proceeded to look through my cupboards, in my bedroom, in my fridge.. and in my bathroom. 

He then told me i have a very nice house and a happy healthy child,  that he see's no problems  here.  

I was like.. OKAY.. thanks. Bye? 

My MIL called the police on me? I believe her reasoning is that she feels like I took her son away, so she feels she needs to take away mine.. 

What would you do? 

My husband doesnt know yet, I am very curious as to how he will react. 

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I have a psycho MIL too. Not quit to that extent but we completely ended all contact with her and only live 12 miles away! She is just dead to us. I would get a restraining order! I also would not have let a cop just barge in and make me strip my kid and search my house without her taking you to court or something. Can they even do that?
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I would file a OP against her and stay the fuck away from that crazy bitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AWallewein
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM

He didnt barge, I invited him in, I had nothing to hide so I didnt mind at all. he was actually really cool and we talked about our kids since he has one my age. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a psycho MIL too. Not quit to that extent but we completely ended all contact with her and only live 12 miles away! She is just dead to us. I would get a restraining order! I also would not have let a cop just barge in and make me strip my kid and search my house without her taking you to court or something. Can they even do that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Restraining order, ASAP!
AWallewein
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM

He says I dont qualify for a restraining order, best I can do is call them if she comes to my house and they will tell her to leave. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Restraining order, ASAP!

poshkat
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Wwwwoooooowwwwwwwww. Tell your husband, he obviously already knows so this should be nosurprise. DDocument EVERYTHING. keep texts, emails, phone call times, anything weird, the number of times the cops, cps, whoever comes knocking on your door that is there for anything having to do with a welfare check.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Oh ok that's good, I thought he just came in! I keep trying to get my hubby to move, its hard being nearby crazy family that hates you! Good luck!
LABELmeCUTE
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM
WOw! I have no idea! She's a crazy ass woman
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM

, welllll, i actually had, (past tense) a MIL like this, she may have called the police OR cps after a while they will realize she is full of shit bc she will keep calling. unless you love that town, id get the hell out, and move. you never want an open case with cps, you may not have one now, but be carefull, cps can be evil, more evil than mil sometimes, she doesnt have the power, and they will probably not take her seriously after repetitive calling. but i would move just so she doesnt know your address.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM

write her off I would be done with her. change your numbers and keep her out of your lives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)