Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My gut feeling was right. Now what?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 55 Replies

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrsg678
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Oops!  I hit enter too fast!  I looked n DH phone and saw a text from his "hey. When do you think I can get that $700". His reply was give me your address and I'll send it. She says she needs it sooner due to needing to pay a couple bills. Long story short it ended up with him saying he would drop it by.  My DH completed his spousal maintenance to her a few years ago.  The kids are almost 23, have graduated college, and are working.  So WHY is he giving her $700?!  Soooo upset. He has been able to sense something is wrong and has been all over me asking me what it is.  I've told him some other things. He's telling me how much he loves me and is trying to be the best husband and father he can to my 14 y/o and our 2 1/2 year old.  Also tells me he's doing the best he can.  I've decided to keep my secret so I can continue to check his phone periodically.  The only reason I was able to get in it is I saw the code when he opened it in front of me. I know. I know. Bad for looking in his phone, but I just knew something was going on. Plan to keep quiet for the rest of this year, get thru holidays, and talk to him after that about going to Counselling.  Advice?  Opinions?

Mrsg678
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM

OMG!  Text was from his EX-Wife.  We have been together 8 years, married 5 1/2.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I would confront him. I couldn't live with a liar.
kitty8199
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I wouldn't. Id ask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM

maybe he borrowed money from his ex? car repair?

fliptopz4
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Maybe shes borrowing the money. 

nuts4scouts
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
3 moms liked this

Good Greif!

You do not trust your husband, sneak into his things, lie repeatedly to him, and refuse to discuss your issues with him.

Yes, you definately need counseling -now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
4 moms liked this

So when a woman has a gut feeling that something is wrong, she shouldn't check into it?  Don't know where you come from but $700 is a good amount of money to be going to out the door.  Even if it was going to a friend, she should be told about it. 

Quoting nuts4scouts:

Good Greif!

You do not trust your husband, sneak into his things, lie repeatedly to him, and refuse to discuss your issues with him.

Yes, you definately need counseling -now.

Mrsg678
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM

We have plenty of $ so that is a non-issue.  

jeannie39
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Why won't you ask him about the text? Do you just want a reason to be mad or to feel like you are doing the right thing in your marriage while DH is messing? Those are the only reasons I can see to keep this a secret.You need to talk this situation over with him and get to the bottom of it insead of letting it set and fester for months on end. By the time the year is over, no answer he gives you will be good enough because by then your imagination will have had to much time to run wild.IMO, if you want to have a happy marriage, You need to come clean about what you suspect and end this chapter of your life.Also, if you hold this in, your kids may pick up on the bad vibes and think they have done something wrong.I hope things work out for you and your family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN