Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

This is disgusting! Or... is it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I can't STAND to have kids' feet on the counters but my DH is forever helping the kids get up there to get things. Now, it'd be one thing if they cleaned the counters after, but of course they don't, so our counters end up never really being clean when we're ready to prepare food up there.

Do you think it's disgusting to let kids get up on the counters, or should I just get over it?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:24 AM

that is gross.  My kids are just as bad though.  I cant tell you how often I have to tell them to get their shoes of the table.  They set them there as they are getting ready for school.  Ick

waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM
2 moms liked this

No that is pretty disgusting. Counters are for food preparation, not feet or butts.

teri4lance
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM

disgusting. serve dinner on the floor tonite. when they are grossed out, explain your case. 

504bbymami
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
One rule I always told our kids is "no feet where we eat".

That's very gross.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeygator
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM

ROFL!!! I know you're kids are young, but what teri says makes perfect sense since your husband helps them. I knew a father who let his son and gf move in with him while both were in college. They were friggin slobs!!! They wouldn't do their dishes, their bathroom was disgusting and their bedroom was even worse. Everyday when they were gone dad stuffed their dirty dishes in their bed. He hired me to clean their bathroom one day when he had company coming that evening. I left them notes. They eventually began doing their dishes. I went by in  my spare time to remind them when dad was gone what they needed to do and I wrote the boy's granddad a letter. I was a family friend. By the time they moved into their own apartment their habits had improved.

I think serving dinner on the floor a few times would be great for dad!!! LOL, you can call it a "family intervention."

Quoting teri4lance:

disgusting. serve dinner on the floor tonite. when they are grossed out, explain your case. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I think its gross

Vinterland
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM

This.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

No that is pretty disgusting. Counters are for food preparation, not feet or butts.

precious54
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM

gross

Roo1234
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I think that it is odd to not wipe the counters BEFORE preparing food on them.

toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Since I have to climb on the counter to reach the top shelves of my cabinets I don't think it's gross. I do wipe my counters down several times a day, and always before preparing food on them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)