Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do your kids represent your family well when out and about in the world?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2Sparrows4ever
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I think so, have only been given compliments, never any OMG why is your kid doing that kinda looks. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, mine are adults.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Yes, I have also, but I just always wonder if parents would ever tell me if my kid was acting like a brat or being rude.  Have you ever had to tell a parent that their kid was not nice or whatever?

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

I think so, have only been given compliments, never any OMG why is your kid doing that kinda looks. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Thats good to know.  Mine just turned into an 'adult -19', so I hope he holds close what we have tried to teach him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, mine are adults.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Our oldest is 21 and youngest is 17, I am pretty sure I have told a parent or two that their kid was being a jerk or smart ass

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I have also, but I just always wonder if parents would ever tell me if my kid was acting like a brat or being rude.  Have you ever had to tell a parent that their kid was not nice or whatever?

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

caligirl7613
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
i believe they do, yes. they are 7 and 6 and its been a few years since we have had any meltdowns in public. if my children are left with anyone (friend of the family etc) i always ask when i pick them up if anything happened that i need to know about. i have only had one problem with a friends child while out and about and when i returned her i told her mom we had a small incident, what happened and why her DD got upset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

My children are very well behaved in public. It's really only my really little ones that don't act the best but they are still learning.

Honeygator
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

The answer is no. My son is 35 and I have no contact with him.  He's a thief, dope addict and a user of his grandmothers who support his bad behavior. I haven't had contact with my son or either grandmother in 11 years. My step-daughter is the beneficiary of my life's work.

godsgirl26
by ♥ char ♥ on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

1frog
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I've been told good things about him from more than one person. He's 19 now and "on his own". I know the lady who lives below him in his building, so I'd know if anything bad were happening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)