Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you care if your SO has female friends over when you're away?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 207 Replies
3 moms liked this

I went out of town for business for almost a week, leaving Saturday early and returning late last night, and I found out that my fiance had friends over while I was gone. I didn't care about the guy friends who came over to play video games with him, but Monday night he had a girl over. He said they just watched some movies, ate a pizza, and she went home, but that sounds very date-like to me.

Do you care if your SO has female friends over when you're gone? Do you think I should confront my fiance about this woman coming over here like that when I was away?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM
8 moms liked this
That is strange unless it was a group setting with guys and girls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM
10 moms liked this
depends on a few things for me. like how long they have been friends, have i met her, how late she was there etc. when i met my SO i made it very clear I had one guy friend who i was not willing to "give up" we talk daily, nd get together once in awhile (usually it is a group setting) and he had to accept it or i would go on my way. its aall about respect. for instance my maale friend nd I dont talk or text after 10 pm etc
storkradio193
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be fine if my husband had female friends over, assuming I knew the friend.  But, in your situation, it depends on a number of factors like what type of friendship they have (e.g. childhood friends), how you feel about her (e.g. her apparent intentions), and whether it feels like he is hiding anything.  If you feel uncomfortable, I would talk with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:38 AM
10 moms liked this
Please go with ur first instinct he shouldnt have no female friend over eating pizza and all the rest of that crap he went on a date at ur house, do u think he would have told u he made love to her ....ok.......now if u was the one that was at home and had a date and u told him the same thing he told u how u think he would react......i dont think he would like that!!..........No it not a matter of trust it a matter of respect u dont have no woman at my house when it only u and her eating pizza and watching a movie why she dont come when u are there only when ur husband at home without wifey!!! Wow i see why a lot of married men cheat cause they tell wifey anything and she agree to the lie and just let him keep doing what he want and like ......next u will be saying u caught him cheating with her .....Wow !!!!!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:43 AM
5 moms liked this
Wow most of the time it the friend who they cheat with come on.!! A lot of time she want what u got a husband and what he do for u she want that 2!!!!!

Quoting storkradio193:

I would be fine if my husband had female friends over, assuming I knew the friend.  But, in your situation, it depends on a number of factors like what type of friendship they have (e.g. childhood friends), how you feel about her (e.g. her apparent intentions), and whether it feels like he is hiding anything.  If you feel uncomfortable, I would talk with him.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't care if my DH had a female friend over. He doesn't care that I have male friends. Hell, when DH was in the Navy and stuck on duty for 4 days I spent the whole time with my best friend at the time, who happened to be a guy. Nothing inappropriate just fun. DH was just happy I had someone to hang out with.

NiamhWitch
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:58 AM
9 moms liked this

That's completely inappropriate in my book.  I would be fuming.

SexiSeaBeeWife
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:58 AM
The just sound strange really. Unless she was a lesbian like some of our friends are.
wickedfiress
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM
10 moms liked this
If you don't trust him, why the hell are you going to marry him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM
15 moms liked this

My husband doesn't have female friends, if he did, there is no way I'd be okay with them hanging out alone together. Not even my female friends are allowed to just hang out in my house if I'm not home. Just not appropriate in my opinion. I don't stress that something would go on behind my back, but there are certain things I think just aren't appropriate, and hanging out watching movies alone with my husband, is just one of those things I better never catch another woman doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)