Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

College Mom?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

Any school moms? What's your major? Graduation date?

Being a fulltime mom, wife, employee and student is a lot to take on......how do you handle it all?  Struggles, tips, advice....

I'll be done in May and will have earned my B.A.S in Human Services, it's taken me an extra year to get there, but it was due to a divorce and health issues. 

I do feel overwhelmed sometimes and suffer from constant headaches from the stress of managing everything....

But, we gotta do what we gotta do for our children and our family....it will all be so worth it in the end!

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BemmiesMom
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I attend Stevens-Henager College 

I have 18 more months to go (I think) and I will have my Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. This time next year I will have to decide if I want to go for my MBA. If I do it will be an extra 15 more months. 

instant
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Im going for RN/nursing. I also have a business degree.
newwifenmom
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm majoring in psychology, I'll be done 12/15. Then I want to get a Masters in Mental Health Counseling. I am a SAHM but also suffer from two painful health conditions which has made my school journey harder.

As for how I do it, I have to stay organized,make sacrifices, ask for help and take it one day at a time, I also try to do my assignments early because I never know when my pain will flare and I don't want to get behind again.

I also feel that its overwhelming sometimes but like you said in the end it'll be worth it.

lhover
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I started college Spring of last year and going to get a BSN. Having been a stay at home mom for the past 15 years then starting college full-time has been hard for my kids to comprehend. Ages 16 and 11, they still expect me to do everything and seem to think that just because I only take 2 classes at the college and 2 online, that I the time I'm at home while they are at school I should have a pristine home. How can I get them to understand that I have a lot of studying and homework? Telling them isn't working :/ I honestly feel like a maid!
KristinD1988
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I just went back to school last week. I'm only taking one class because that's all I need to graduate. I'm majoring in Communications with a minor in journalism and also going to go back and finish getting my American Sign Language interpreters license. I am lucky that my boyfriend makes really good money and I didn't have to go back when my maternity leave was up and I'm able to stay home with my daughter and I only have class 2 days a week, 3 hours a day.

I give HUGE props to the women that are working, going to school, and taking care of their families. That has to be tough but I'm sure wanting to better your families situation keeps you going. I can't wait for my daughter to be at my graduation :) 

babyblujems
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I will be done in May too.  I'm going to have my Bachelor's in Psychology and I already have my degree in Criminal Justice

Murray4092
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Yes I'm a student, mother and work full time. Just find the time to study, it will all be worth it when you graduate. This is a short time in comparison to the rest of your life. I believe good things come to those who try to better themselves. Keep in mind that as a mother, you're a positive  example to your children. You will instill in your them, determination, diligence, and success. It's the best lesson you could teach your them.

kmarsh3
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:01 AM
That is awesome!! I am getting my Masters in Human Services from Capella University. I will be finished next February 2015. I am also divorced and doing this all alone. I have a 12 yo daughter

Quoting MommaLove80:

Any school moms? What's your major? Graduation date?

Being a fulltime mom, wife, employee and student is a lot to take on......how do you handle it all?  Struggles, tips, advice....

I'll be done in May and will have earned my B.A.S in Human Services, it's taken me an extra year to get there, but it was due to a divorce and health issues. 

I do feel overwhelmed sometimes and suffer from constant headaches from the stress of managing everything....

But, we gotta do what we gotta do for our children and our family....it will all be so worth it in the end!

Sister_Someone
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM

I'm a Ph.D student, does that count? My field of study is microbiology and genetics. I don't yet have a projected finish date. I'd like to be done in the next two to three years, but since I'm also getting married, have a teenager, a full-time job and a huge project on said job, I won't be either surprised nor devastated if that doesn't happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)