Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Sooo sick!!!! :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Ugh! I feel like total hell! Idk whats going on exactly. Ive had a cold for a couple weeks now. Been taking OTC meds to help suppress it. Been hacking up the nastiness too! :( My DS has also been sick! :( Yesterday he went to his Dad's for mid-week visitation since this weekened is mine. I laid in bed ALL day yesterday trying to get better. Ive been running a fever, feel like theres a balloon in my throat, body aches all over, chills then sweating everywhere possible! :( Just feel like shit! Then this morning trying to get the other kids ready for school I start vomitting! :( And feel so nauseous and having the shits as well. I called my ex and they are keeping DS with them today, I also got ahold of his Ped to get him a scrip called in to their town to get him started on meds, since hes had a cold over a week as well. My neck is so stiff it hurts to move it either way. I called and got in to the dr for 3p today. I hope to God this isnt the flu and that they CAN help me! :( Is there anything they CAN do if it IS the flu? I feel terrible! And Im missing my son! I wanted to go out to dinner with him tonight, now Im just hoping I feel better tomorrow so I can make the long ass drive to pick him up!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Probably not. How high is the fever?? Mine had to wait it out 10 days before getting better with seasonal Flu. Swine flu dd was tons better in 3 days. Way less sick with swine flu. Dd did get an inhaler to help her breathing and cough but she has very mild asthma.
JocelynMoods
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I'm not sure what it is. I hope you feel better though.

feel betterhugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Ty! Got to my appt and back, she put me on a z pack and Im going to get my little guy tomorrow! Still feeling shitty right now, but feel better that I have what I need to kick this virus in the butt and out of my body! :D

pseudomamma
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Be careful.  Turned out I had pneumonia.  That was a shocker.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM

What were your symptoms? All Ive had today is chicken soup and some grapes, when I took my 1st dose of med a couple hours ago.. I had to take 2 z pack tabs and I threw them up too. I tried my best to hold it back but it was like a stabbing pain in my stomach for about an hr before I finally let it happen. SO came home and got me some extra otc stuff.. I feel better now that Ive thrown it up! I have a massive headache right now though, and he went out for subs .. Im sooo hungry, hopefully I can hold this down!

Quoting pseudomamma:

Be careful.  Turned out I had pneumonia.  That was a shocker.

Saurusmom8
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM
I am in the same boat!!! I had started getting a sore throat Sun night. It escalated into a fever of 101.3!! I have had body aches and chills and sweats for almost a week. My son was late for school twice this week because I could barely scrape my windows!! (I felt like worst mom in the world).. I missed work and his first piano recital.

Its a virus that just lingers. I slept all day and still feel tired.

I have lost 10lbs since Sunday from nausea and just not being hungry..

Hope you feel better soon!
Saurusmom8
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Also it was my sons 10th birthday yesterday and thank goodness my mom had him open presents and made a cake. I slept and slept and it was so bad... My son is so understanding. I feel a little better.. but my body aches so bad.. I was told it takes time.... yeah, not the best answer but mine wasn't in my lungs.. it did start in my throat though. :(
yayay15
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I am not as bad as you but I have the chills and feel barf coming on. Ugh. Feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Maybe strep?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)