Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Sooo sick!!!! :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Ugh! I feel like total hell! Idk whats going on exactly. Ive had a cold for a couple weeks now. Been taking OTC meds to help suppress it. Been hacking up the nastiness too! :( My DS has also been sick! :( Yesterday he went to his Dad's for mid-week visitation since this weekened is mine. I laid in bed ALL day yesterday trying to get better. Ive been running a fever, feel like theres a balloon in my throat, body aches all over, chills then sweating everywhere possible! :( Just feel like shit! Then this morning trying to get the other kids ready for school I start vomitting! :( And feel so nauseous and having the shits as well. I called my ex and they are keeping DS with them today, I also got ahold of his Ped to get him a scrip called in to their town to get him started on meds, since hes had a cold over a week as well. My neck is so stiff it hurts to move it either way. I called and got in to the dr for 3p today. I hope to God this isnt the flu and that they CAN help me! :( Is there anything they CAN do if it IS the flu? I feel terrible! And Im missing my son! I wanted to go out to dinner with him tonight, now Im just hoping I feel better tomorrow so I can make the long ass drive to pick him up!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Probably not. How high is the fever?? Mine had to wait it out 10 days before getting better with seasonal Flu. Swine flu dd was tons better in 3 days. Way less sick with swine flu. Dd did get an inhaler to help her breathing and cough but she has very mild asthma.
JocelynMoods
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I'm not sure what it is. I hope you feel better though.

feel betterhugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Ty! Got to my appt and back, she put me on a z pack and Im going to get my little guy tomorrow! Still feeling shitty right now, but feel better that I have what I need to kick this virus in the butt and out of my body! :D

pseudomamma
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Be careful.  Turned out I had pneumonia.  That was a shocker.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM

What were your symptoms? All Ive had today is chicken soup and some grapes, when I took my 1st dose of med a couple hours ago.. I had to take 2 z pack tabs and I threw them up too. I tried my best to hold it back but it was like a stabbing pain in my stomach for about an hr before I finally let it happen. SO came home and got me some extra otc stuff.. I feel better now that Ive thrown it up! I have a massive headache right now though, and he went out for subs .. Im sooo hungry, hopefully I can hold this down!

Quoting pseudomamma:

Be careful.  Turned out I had pneumonia.  That was a shocker.

Saurusmom8
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM
I am in the same boat!!! I had started getting a sore throat Sun night. It escalated into a fever of 101.3!! I have had body aches and chills and sweats for almost a week. My son was late for school twice this week because I could barely scrape my windows!! (I felt like worst mom in the world).. I missed work and his first piano recital.

Its a virus that just lingers. I slept all day and still feel tired.

I have lost 10lbs since Sunday from nausea and just not being hungry..

Hope you feel better soon!
Saurusmom8
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Also it was my sons 10th birthday yesterday and thank goodness my mom had him open presents and made a cake. I slept and slept and it was so bad... My son is so understanding. I feel a little better.. but my body aches so bad.. I was told it takes time.... yeah, not the best answer but mine wasn't in my lungs.. it did start in my throat though. :(
yayay15
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I am not as bad as you but I have the chills and feel barf coming on. Ugh. Feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Maybe strep?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN