Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

For those mothers who are Christians

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM
  • 16 Replies
How do you pray and what do pray for?
(This is not a controversial post. This is a curiosity post due to personal reasons)
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:01 AM
I'm not really sure how to answer the how part. It's just like thinking only directed towards someone else. I don't usually pray for anything other than answers. Or I just think my problems through and figure out the answers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KTU
by Kim on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:09 AM
3 moms liked this
I pray throughout my day. I find myself praying for patience when mine is being tested and for guidance when I am having a hard time. I pray to thank God for the many blessings that I have. I pray for anyone that requests a prayer. And we say Grace before every family dinner. At night, I reflect over my day and ask God to watch over those that I love and thank Him again for all that I have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:27 AM

I usually pray before I sleep and whenever I want to talk to God. I pray for peace, the health and happiness for my friends and family and myself. I pray for others to find happiness. It's sort of complicated because I pray for the betterment of others so that they can find peace too.

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM
There are different prayers and i do several. There are prayers of thanksgiving. There are prayers of adoration. There are prayers for guidance, there are prayers to help others.
chalisa0
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know what you mean.  I just pray.  I don't get down on my knees and steeple my hands if that's what you're asking.  Sometimes, I do it silently in my head.  Sometimes, I say the Lord's Prayer out loud.  Sometimes I whisper it while I'm driving or doing yoga.  There really is no right way to pray.  It's just whatever works for you or feels right for you.  I pray for everything.  I pray for thanks.  I pray to ask God to look over my family.  Whatever enters my head can become a "conversation" with God.

LadyVoldemort
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM

i pray inside my head, mainly for help on personal troubles

Saharra
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Pray always, never cease ;) I pray whenever something comes into my head. I pray for the person on the side of the road who was in an accident. For the ambulance drivers zooming down the highway, for my family, for those I know are sick, for health, for thanksgiving, for those people I'm not friends with, I do get down on my knees when I'm praying with my kids at night, but it's more so I'm on their level. I pray out loud, silently, anywhere I am. Most people don't even know it's happening.
malexander2009
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Strenght, wisdom, encouragement, I pray for our country, God's will to be done, forgiveness, mercy, lost souls to be saved, missionaries, church leadership, people whom I know are personally struggling, financial relief

Bribriesmom
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM
When I pray, it depends on what I'm for, who, and with scriptures. If I'm asking for something, I also thank Him for it. Most of all I close the prayer by covering it in His blood and in Jesus name. The Word says, anything you ask in His name, shall be given unto you. Not our timing, but His timing.
srehman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:55 PM
So, when I was a Christian (as that is how i was raised) we were taught to bow your head and fold your hands. As you are sitting before God to talk to him and He is the Almighty therefore that is respecting Him and showing complete love for God. So, that's how I prayed. My head bowed and hands together. As now I am not a Christian. I still bow my head and prostrate before him. Ask for happiness and health for first my family and then for out extended family then ask for any other prayer requests and lastly for help and understanding and patience for anything else.
:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)