Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Sudden Blurry Vision in a Seven Year Old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

My son said that his vision is blurry, has been for a couple of days. He has had migraines since he was about 4 so I thought that maybe it was it. I thought it might pass. I am going to call the eye doctor and set up an appointment, I am a bit worried though. He also tried to explain something funny happening with his eyes, but I didn't understand, like a focus issue. I asked if the blurriness comes and goes and he said that it is constant, both eyes.

He seems well in every other way, aside from the fact that he has migraines every so often. Please share your experience with me if you have one. Have you had a child suddenly complain of vision problems?

Of course, when I research it I find all kinds of stuff about brain tumors, which freaked me the hell out.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovelove211
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:35 AM
You probably know this but migraines can sometimes last up to a week. I suffer from migraines and they vary. I Also occasionally suffer from blurred vision, my eyes are healthy so I've noticed to much time on computers or focusing on one thing at a time sets it off and also if I'm not getting enough sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:50 AM

Quoting lovelove211:

You probably know this but migraines can sometimes last up to a week. I suffer from migraines and they vary. I Also occasionally suffer from blurred vision, my eyes are healthy so I've noticed to much time on computers or focusing on one thing at a time sets it off and also if I'm not getting enough sleep

Yeah, I am hoping that is all it is. He says that under his eyes feels funny too, which makes me wonder if it has anything to do with his sinuses.

lovelove211
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:29 AM
Ask him if it feels like his eyes hurt when he moves them. Because when I have a sinus infection it hurts when I move my eyes.

I would take him to get his eyes looked at but mainly for reassurance, so many innocent things can effect our vision.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovelove211:

Yeah, I am hoping that is all it is. He says that under his eyes feels funny too, which makes me wonder if it has anything to do with his sinuses.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weakestchimp
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:56 AM

angel minicome back and tell us please.   we pray

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM
He may just need glasses. I got them at 8.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I hope all is ok but I'd get him checked by a doctor asap.

Elyssa414
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I'd go to the pediatrician. I have a friend who's daughter suddenly started losing her vision, and it was a brain tumor- luckily it was benign, and easily dealt with, but best to find out sooner!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Quoting Elyssa414:

I'd go to the pediatrician. I have a friend who's daughter suddenly started losing her vision, and it was a brain tumor- luckily it was benign, and easily dealt with, but best to find out sooner!

This is what scares the hell out of me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope all is ok but I'd get him checked by a doctor asap.

I am going to call tomorrow morning. I wish that I had called friday morning. I really thought that is was a migraine or because of his sinuses and it would clear up.

I am not sure if I should go to the peditrician or an opthalmologist first. I suspect that the pediatrician will send me to an eye doctor so maybe I should go right there and then see the pediatrician if they don't find anything wrong.

ambertreas76
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Blurred vision can be from allergies. Dry eyes. Same with migraines. Allergies can cause multiple weird symptoms. Get some regular Systane real tear eyedrops and give it a try.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)