Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bullying

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
So my daughter at an age when she recently just starting wearing deodorant. She didnt use it, and her underarms smelled. 5 girls bullied her. My daughter is hurt and embarrassed. She wants to physical attack them because of it. But you know cowards always work in groups.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:15 AM

What do you mean that they "bullied" her?  Is there a question here?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Have her use deodorant and tell her to stand up for herself. If this happened at school inform the school. When you noticed she smelled she should have started using it.
wickedfiress
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM
So you're upset because she can't "physically attack" these girls because they're in a group?
weakestchimp
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM

inform the school in writing also.   document the occurence in detail

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM
No one should be beating anyone up. Makes your dd a bully too.

Quoting wickedfiress:

So you're upset because she can't "physically attack" these girls because they're in a group?

NDADanceMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Were they mean or did they bully her? Does it happen everyday? Is she afraid to go to school?
Why can't parents ever just say, " wear deodorant and forget about it."
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:15 AM

That stinks. I hope they dont play it out foreverrrr. I knew girls like that way back when I was in school. I knew a poor girl who picked her nose once in the 2st grade and in 9th grade she was still the nose picker. I remember feeling so bad for her every year. I mean really? It was second grade!!!!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM

People making fun of your daughter and teasing her for not wearng deoderant is not bullying. That is just kids being kids. It's really just humans being human, because I make comments about people in public that don't wear deoderant too, I can't keep the "WHOA" off of my face. 

GertieK
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Time to stop turning every incident into "bullying". Just look at the football player who walked off because he was "bullied". I can't imagine any child getting through life without being teased or messed with. It happens to everyone, but not everyone allows it to become their defining factor.
KRhyMama2013
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I believe it has gotten out of hand though.  This world of, they need to learn to stand up for themselves.  Kids and parents alike are getting nastier.  I do believe children need to learn to stand up for themselves, but sometimes it really does go to far.

Quoting GertieK:

Time to stop turning every incident into "bullying". Just look at the football player who walked off because he was "bullied". I can't imagine any child getting through life without being teased or messed with. It happens to everyone, but not everyone allows it to become their defining factor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)