Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

It's much harder than i thought...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: For those of you who work in an office, would you be happier at home or do you appreciate the separation?

Options:

I would rather work from home

I would rather work in an office

No preference

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

Owning my own business and working from home. I don't beleive in offices. I don't believe in bosses. My "employees" are my team. we work together, and we make magic happen from the comfort of our own homes. However, as the owner - I have a lot to do. I love what I do, but I am starting to see the benefts of an office environment.

When I am home, there are a million things I would rather do!

1. research recipes

2. cook

3. clean

4. write

...so on and so forth.

That being said, I appreciate the ability to run a successful company from home, but I am starting to wonder if i need to get an office....

(I write this as I am setting out to catch up on everything for my business - LOL)

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I have done both. Always thought it was easier to work outside the home than to be a sahm.
Melissa_anne
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

i think i would rather work from home.  I believe i could get alot done from home.  I wouldn't have to travel anywhere, or leave my house in the cold during winter..

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't focus on my tasks that I need to get done when I'm at home. There are constant distractions, I could never work from home.

cindilou13
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I work in an office, but have on occasion worked from home-my boss' are pretty flexible, and have been willing to let me work from home every so often-sick kid, sick myself, bad weather.  Even if it's just me at home-no sick kid, etc.-I get way more done at the office.  It's just more conducive to getting what needs done finished in a timely manner and staying organized and with the routine. It it also nice to compartmentalize-work is at work, and home is at home.  No overlap. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN