Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Does you dh/So have your okay?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I recently have been talking to a guy, I really really like him. I've liked him since I saw him. He has always been into me but I am not mentally ready for dating. Part of the reason why is my last bf was okay with me "cheating" on him. It was his thing, I would go sleep with someone else and he was okay with it. But that isn't why we broke up, we broke up because of other major differences.

Anyways this new guy has been great in many ways but then I find out he likes to be literally cheated on, and I'm like breaks. Am I willing to do that, again? I mean on one hand I know I won't ever be left to be picking up pieces from a broken relationship/marriage (if it leads to that), over a relationship. But on the other hand its more drama ( we all come with some kind), more relationships to keep track of, more lies and really I don't lie to the ones I respect.

Help me figure this out please?

I realized I'm probably getting bashed.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunshine257
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this
That sounds more like an open relationship than cheating.. No one can give you an answer you just need to decide if you want to go back to that type of relationship.
bhow
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM

How2Be

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Open relationship. Hell no. I wouldn't be married if I wanted someone else.
nuts4scouts
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM

You must have been OK with the "cheating" too as you state you slept with others while "dating".

You have to decide what YOU want.

Do you want a committed, relationship?

or

Do you want simply a part-time "sex buddy"?

We can not make that decision for you.

However, personally, I would not get "serious" with, and definately not marry, anyone who could not be 100 % committed to only me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I recently have been talking to a guy, I really really like him. I've liked him since I saw him. He has always been into me but I am not mentally ready for dating. Part of the reason why is my last bf was okay with me "cheating" on him. It was his thing, I would go sleep with someone else and he was okay with it. But that isn't why we broke up, we broke up because of other major differences.

Anyways this new guy has been great in many ways but then I find out he likes to be literally cheated on, and I'm like breaks. Am I willing to do that, again? I mean on one hand I know I won't ever be left to be picking up pieces from a broken relationship/marriage (if it leads to that), over a relationship. But on the other hand its more drama ( we all come with some kind), more relationships to keep track of, more lies and really I don't lie to the ones I respect.

Help me figure this out please?

I realized I'm probably getting bashed.

bikrck
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM

You have to figure out what you want....if its a relationship then you need to make that person your focus...if you want to date around and be open an honest with each other than that is great as well, but if you are both wanting each other and others as well, you may not be ready for a committed relationship.   Follow your heart and do what is best for you.   I really doubt anyone is okay with someone cheating on them, it hurts to much and causes alot of doubt. 

AllThatBabyJazz
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Just because he likes something, doesn't mean you have to do it. 

MommaLove80
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM

What do you want in a relationship? You said with the first boyfriend that it was "his" thing to be "cheated on."  And now with this guy he "literally likes to be cheated on," but what do you like?  What do you want?  It's not about what they like or want, it should be about you and your needs.  Make the best decision for you, not them :))

precious54
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM

no way not for me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I have never meat a man who likes to be cheated on or wants to be cheated on.. Sounds more like "I like you but only for a booty call, no strings attached." That is in no way a real relationship.. It is simply a fuck buddy arrangement.

Kick this selfish prick to  the curb. Find someone who respect you and want to be with ONLY you. You will be much happier. You alreay know this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM

What the Hell??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)