Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Christmas presents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Is it wrong of me to ask family to buy/help with Ds's gifts? He doesn't have a lot on his list and I wouldn't be asking for more then $10-30 spent. Ds wants hot wheels and angry birds sets. The family I am asking would already be buying him something. The people I would be asking is his father, and fathers side parents.

Am I wrong for asking this?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

It's tacky unless you are asked for a list of what he might like.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Yes, if they already get him something I think it is rude to ask for more. Why can't you get the stuff on his list?

BL2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM

If they ask you what he has on his list then by all means tell them. If they don't ask then don't say anything.

srm8824
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I agree with everyone else. I wouldn't ask someone to buy my kid something unless they asked what he wanted exactly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

It's tacky unless you are asked for a list of what he might like.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I can, I was just hoping to avoid taking things back, but oh well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, if they already get him something I think it is rude to ask for more. Why can't you get the stuff on his list?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Make him a wish list at Toys R Us.  My SIL made one for my neice and its great because I know what she wants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Yeah, I will have to do that with WalMart because that is where they do their shopping.

Quoting Anonymous:

Make him a wish list at Toys R Us.  My SIL made one for my neice and its great because I know what she wants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Yes I think it would be rude.

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on your relationship with your family.  I can ask my mom and aunt for money to buy my kids gifts. If they have it they are more than willing. My husband can not do this with his mother. It makes the hard time harder.  The people willing to help can't and the people who can won't. Oh but you bet the bitching never ended when we didn't buy them Christmas gifts one year.

pumpkin pie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)