Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would YOU allow your child to do this in public?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this

At the store today, a little boy of 5 or 6, was crawling in the floor like a dog and I almost hit him with my cart even though I was going slow because my son was holding onto the side. The kid's mom says, "Watch it, lady!"

WTF? It wasn't MY kid on the floor in a store acting like an animal!

Would you get upset if your kid was doing that and almost got hit by another cart...and would you allow your kids to behave like that to begin with?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkfairy0206
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM
3 moms liked this
My kids have never acted that way in public. And if they were to do that I wouldn't yell at you. Lol. Sounds like the mom lets kid get away with everything.
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this

No I wouldn't allow my kid on the floor to begin with!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have said something along the lines of "Well if your LO wasn't crawling on the floor, I wouldnt have ran into him"

Stuff like that pissed me off 

sarah427
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Apparently, the kid is like that because of how he is raised... she was wrong! I do not allow my children to be so rude and inconsiderate.
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM
3 moms liked this

She was in the wrong. But you know how someone cuts you off in traffic and then gives you the finger like you did something wrong? This sounds like similar. She knew it was wron and just wanted to get the first word in to make it look like it was your fault.

I would not allow my child to do that. Yuck! Crawl around on my living room floor, but a public place, no!

jas_momof2
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM

People are too uptight.  If he was crawling by me and you were to hit him, then yeah - watch where you're going.  He wouldn't be crawling and far from me though.  That would be rude.

armyvet06
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM
No my child is not allowed to crawl around on the floor in a public building to begin with. Its gross. She shouldn't have yelled at you for it.
BlueSparrow
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

They wouldnt be acting like that...

othermom
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM

My kid would have been in trouble for crawling around on the floor

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM

No. My kid knew better than to act like an idiot in stores and if he did, he knew there would be consequences. That was shitty mother. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN