Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

anti-atheist - ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

Why are there sooo many anti-Christian stuff in the world and in our schools - no praying if you want to, can;t talk  about bible without offending someone and even cant say Merry Christmas without it being politically incorrect. 

BUT..

NO anti-atheist stuff.  like it's ok to push sex on teens by giving them condoms and saying it is ok. Or legalizing drugs saying it is ok.  These things are not ok with Christianity s much as praying is not ok to an atheist. 

So, my question...Why the difference? 

ETA - after reading some of the replies I have NO IDEA where anywhere in my original post I said"distributing condoms and marijuana = atheist)  So, since no one can seem to understand my question - i will no longer be responding to other posts.  If you can actually understand what I am asking - good for you!!!  

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:25 AM
2 moms liked this
For me personally, as a non believer, I get annoyed with the Christianity stuff because a lot of Christians want to push their agendas in schools and other things as if Christianity is the only religion in the world. I don't care of kids want to pray to themselves at school but Christians want a Christian lead prayer, that isn't fair to all the other religions. And if people want a class where they talk about the bible, fine, but then you have to talk about all other religious books as well. You can't just force one religion to be taught and talked about and ignore all others, that's called a Christian private school or a Catholic private school.
That's why I also cannot stand the pledge saying one nation under god, how freaking arrogant it is to assume an entire nation believes in the same god.
momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:27 AM
And as far as legalizing marijuana and such, it's because it's a natural remedy for many things and not filled with toxic chemicals. How can that be wrong?
And I would think that no one wants to push sex on teens but rather keep them protected if they are going to do it anyway despite what we tell them. Kids don't always listen ya know.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Religion has nothing to do with teaching safe sex or marijuana.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:35 AM
I think she knows that, I think she's saying why can we talk about those things but we can't talk about religion and religious based stuff, as if religion is a good thing to talk about(which I do not think) and drugs and sex are bad(which I also do not agree with)
I'm thinking that's what she meant.

Quoting polkaspots:

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:35 AM

There's plenty of anti atheist stuff around but the examples you posted have nothing to do with atheism and everything to do with promoting safe sex and people opinions about drugs. I have known Christians that were for legalization of marijuana and sex ed including distributing condoms. (gasp) Shocking I know. 

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I think she's saying that marijuana legalization and sex ed are atheist things. As if Christians are against sex ed and marijuana (which they're not) and atheists are the opposite of Christians.

Quoting momofthem311:

I think she knows that, I think she's saying why can we talk about those things but we can't talk about religion and religious based stuff, as if religion is a good thing to talk about(which I do not think) and drugs and sex are bad(which I also do not agree with)

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Ah well, if that's what she meant then thats silly...lol

Quoting polkaspots:

I think she's saying that marijuana legalization and sex ed are atheist things. As if Christians are against sex ed and marijuana (which they're not) and atheists are the opposite of Christians.

Quoting momofthem311:

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:02 AM
I think either way it's silly :)

Quoting momofthem311:

Ah well, if that's what she meant then thats silly...lol

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting momofthem311:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I see your point about not pushing it on teens, but Dont you thin that if you are given something because you aren't going to listen you are telling themthat it is OK to do?  not that you are pushing it on them, but telling yea go ahead and do whatever w=you want, it's ok.  do you see that side of it.  I think if it not given out and they are taught proper sex ed (like how I grew up in public school) then they would lean more toward what is taught at home - where it should come from in the first place not the school. 

Quoting momofthem311:

And as far as legalizing marijuana and such, it's because it's a natural remedy for many things and not filled with toxic chemicals. How can that be wrong?
And I would think that no one wants to push sex on teens but rather keep them protected if they are going to do it anyway despite what we tell them. Kids don't always listen ya know.

tardiskitty
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 5:21 PM
The only 100% difference between an atheist and a Christian is that atheists believe in one less god. Seriously, that's it. I would never push a teen to have sex HOWEVER, you can't parent your kids 24/7, as they get older they will make their own mistakes and learn from them. That's just a part of growing up. I'd just prefer that none of those mistakes wears a diaper or is an STD, so condoms will be available.
I am also all for medicinal marajuana, had my Gram not had it, her life would have been shorter and much more miserable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)