Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

before I kill myself - HELP ME!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a 3 and almost 5 year old.  They WILL NOT SLEEP It has been like this their whole lives and I am at the end of the rope.  They have no trouble going to bed at night - but WILL NOT STAY ASLEEP.  My youngest got up this morning at 4 AM!!! She will not nap today either.  She has bags under her eyes for God's sake!!!   Why won't she SLEEP!!! 

I have t keep going up there to put her to bed.  I am going to LOSE MY MIND!!!  I have absolutley no me time and get about 4 hours of sleep at night for the last almost 5 years !!!  PLEASE how do I KEEP them asleep. 

Are there any foods that will make them sleepy I can give them at 2 AM !!!  I am going nuts!!!!  LITERALLY!! 

Before anyone says it I will answer - I HAVE NO FAMILY NEAR.  Every time I say I am going nuts I get it's normal, etc.  I cannot take it anymore.  PLEASE I feel like I have girls from the movie The Ring. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
Bribriesmom
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:49 AM
So sorry you're having a rough time, I agree the food and beverages you're giving them could play a major role. Establishing a bedtime routine is also crucial. I feed my daughter her dinner, play with her, give her a bath, the tv goes off, I read a book to her and lay her down. Sometimes she fights and wants to play. I keep laying her down and she will go to sleep. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:54 AM

LOL - my routine is the same as yours.  I really don't have a problem getting them to bed at night.  It is keeping them asleep.  They wake up between 4 and 5 EVERY day for the last 4 1/2 years.  I am ready to just die from exhaustion!!!  They are barely sleeping 8 hours at night and yesterday they got less than 8 hours!! 

Quoting Bribriesmom:

So sorry you're having a rough time, I agree the food and beverages you're giving them could play a major role. Establishing a bedtime routine is also crucial. I feed my daughter her dinner, play with her, give her a bath, the tv goes off, I read a book to her and lay her down. Sometimes she fights and wants to play. I keep laying her down and she will go to sleep. Good luck.

Bribriesmom
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Oh wow! Maybe try keeping them up a little bit longer. Yeah, my daughter gets up at different times and when the time changed she woke up at 3:30 for a week straight. I was a zombie. Check with your doctor about meletonin.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL - my routine is the same as yours.  I really don't have a problem getting them to bed at night.  It is keeping them asleep.  They wake up between 4 and 5 EVERY day for the last 4 1/2 years.  I am ready to just die from exhaustion!!!  They are barely sleeping 8 hours at night and yesterday they got less than 8 hours!! 

Quoting Bribriesmom:

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Did you ever try some Sleepy Time tea?  Might help to sooth when thy wake up.  But be warned, by son started wetting the bed. Turned out to be the just before bed tea.

pumpkin pie

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM

This.... and while there, ask about the meatonin, benadryl, etc... Tell them exactly what you have told us here and that you are really struggling to be the best mom you can because of that.  As long as you have a caring medical practice that you go to, they should be able to help you out in some way, shape, or form.  Good luck!

Quoting Light.Shine:

I would make an appointment with their pediatrician and find out what's going on b/c that is NOT normal.  They need good sleep at night and you do, too.  

beethann
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Maybe try having them sleep with you? I would just succumb to it! 

or, and I NEVER say this, but in a case like yours, maybe try melatonin.

Lukas
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Okay, facts, what is your family eating?  Please give buying food you have to prepare and cook a chance.  I mean like instead of prepared, try cooking a roast with carrots, onions, real garlic and potatoes.  No milk maybe.  No peanut butter.  No sodas.  And no juice, cut out sugar, causes inflammation in the body.  And a walk in the fresh air.  Cut off the TV wait til nighttime.  The light from the screen can cause unrest, the mind needs to be stimulated by something real, not technology.  Fruits and vegetables.  If you can try no breads or pastas, it's sugar.  It can be a food allergy, people can have these and manifest as irritability.  What kind of heat do you have does your furnace need to be cleaned, change filter?  Allergies again try All, detergent is not supposed to be colored.  I make my own and glass cleaner, wood cleaner, floor cleaner.

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM
MELATONIN!
Alicia_Griffin
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Give her melatonin. My daughter wasn't sleeping so her doctor told me to get melatonin it is found in the vitamin aisle at the pharmacy and is all natural. Just a 3 mg tablet is all she needs and they will sleep through the night
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM

All 3 of my boys were that way. Have you tried giving them warm milk and trying a later bedtime? Mine were just like us...nightowls. My Ped. used to laugh and tell me they'd grow up to be teens who wanted to sleep all day! lolhugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN