Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

actions speak louder than words

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

IMO

My DH will always say how he cares or loves me, but when it comes to action - it tells me the oppoisite.

To me, he is disrespectful to me, ignores me, won't listen (Iliterally get the back of his head and he won't look at me while I am talking) 

His fall back is he works to provide for us and that is how he showing it.  I need emotional/mental/physical help at home (like handyman things that need o be done "man's work") 

I am on the vrge of leaving because I feel like a total piece of crap, but I really need it towork because I can't leave for multiple reasons - no where to go, and if I did no way to get there.  I have no bank account, car, assets of any kind.  I refuse to leave without 100% custody, because I I did leave I would have to leave the state.  Just a few of the many reasons. 

****Please note - what I would consider disrepectful may not be what others consider disrespectful. 

What is your take?  Are the actions speaking louder or the words? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Replies (11-12):
jobseeker
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's time to go to a counselor.  First go by yourself, then ask him to go with you.  It is your responsibility to make every attempt to keep your marriage intact.  Just to keep things in perspective.  divorce is gut wrenching process and often leaves women much more devastated than men.  couples who have gone through intense marital issues and come out the other side,  are usually happier in 3 years than those who have divorced.  Try to keep it together.

BL2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Is he hard of hearing...... Sit him down and tell him to listen to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

yep tried - I literally get the back of his head,  He doesn't listen at all. 

Quoting BL2010:

Have you told him how this makes you feel?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)