Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Why don't you breastfeed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 208 Replies
1 mom liked this
I understand why formula became so popular when it came out, but I don't understand why so many women have babies and never put them to breast ever. I understand not wanting to exclusively breastfeed, but I don't understand not nursing ever. I have no issues with formula at all, my questions is, if you never breastfed your baby, why did you make that decision?
I don't know or care why so many women felt they needed to come here and tell me it's none of my business. It's just a question. I can list quite a few things I don't understand. I'm not saying any of them are bad choices I just don't get the logic behind them
Why do people pay for private school? Why do people choose to be cremated? Why do people get their noses pierced? These are just questions that I ask because I never made those choices so I don't understand why people do.
I'm sorry if my curiosity offended you, but this post was obviously titled. Nobody opened this post not knowing what it was going to be about.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:05 AM
I didn't want to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:07 AM

I had a  very hard time in  breastfeeding  my  DD  but  i'm hoping  i get  more  lucky this time  and i can  breast feed   :)

brandie1470
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:10 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't because the baby is still in my belly :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM
I'm not asking why women switch to formula, I'm asking why women never try in the first place.
I tried and failed with my first and switched her to formula, but I'm asking women who never breastfed why they chose to completely use formula from day one.
Do your research and I'm sure you'll be fine. You know what your going into this time and know where you went wrong last time.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a  very hard time in  breastfeeding  my  DD  but  i'm hoping  i get  more  lucky this time  and i can  breast feed   :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM
3 moms liked this
That's okay, placenta feeding is good enough for now.

Quoting brandie1470:

I don't because the baby is still in my belly :-)
jamamama00
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I didnt even try w my second because the LLL bitches were so awful with my first that I was completely against the idea of even atttempting it. My husband was instructed to turn away any lactation consultants immediately and warn them to not come back.
Most of my friends didn't bf as it is not very popular where I live.....they didn't want to be that tied down. I can't blame anyone for that.
brandie1470
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I will give you an honest answer to this. I had my first child at 19. I knew nothing about bf. I don't know anyone who has either. It was an option that never occurred to me. The only thing I have ever known was formula. I am now 26. I'm 35w with my second. I have been learning as much as I can. I'm feeling pretty confident that I know most of what I need to know. I just hope baby cooperates
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:18 AM

because it would be a little strange to walk around with a teenager attached to my boob.

in all seriousness i did breastfeed my son. i didn't breastfeed my daughter. she was 6 weeks early and i tried but between issues trying to produce milk and her not being able to keep suction to latch it was a quickly lost battle.

CheerMomOf5
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:28 AM
3 moms liked this

I didn't want to..the idea made me uncomfortable, I don't have a problem with women who breastfeed, but it wasn't for me. Besides that, I had never been around it, maybe that was why the idea sounded so uncomfortable to me, oh well, it doesn't matter, my kids turned out just fine. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:30 AM
I tried and failed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)