Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Why do people think this is OK?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM
  • 9 Replies

So you've probably heard about the showdown between #1 Alabama and #4 Auburn in Saturday's Iron Bowl that resulted in an unbelievable win with literally no time left on the clock. As a Bama fan, I'm disappointed but it was the most exciting game the two schools have EVER played and I'll gladly support Auburn in the SEC Championship title this coming weekend as they represent the state of Alabama and the SEC West.

Anyway, Bama's kicker Cade Foster had an unbelievably horrible night with missing multiple field goals and as a result, some internet trolls have been making death threats against him.

Why do people think it's okay to treat people that way online? Is it just the protection/anonymity/distance a screen provides that keeps them from stopping to think that they're talking to a REAL person with REAL feelings just like theirs?

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
amber3902
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the internet makes cowards REALLY brave.

Also, people need to understand what's REALLY important in life.  Sorry, but a football game is not that serious.

Not to hijack your thread, but people were sending the Spiderman writer death threats because he kills off Peter Parker.  A FICTIONAL character.  Not real.  And people were upset that the writer killed the character off.

People REALLY need to get their priorities straight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I agree with you, however, people bet, sometimes LOTS of money and when they lose they become irrational.

There is the story of a Colombian soccer player who messed up in the World Cup and got killed because drug lords had money on the game and they lost.

Quoting amber3902:

Also, people need to understand what's REALLY important in life.  Sorry, but a football game is not that serious.

Not to hijack your thread, but people were sending the Spiderman writer death threats because he kills off Peter Parker.  A FICTIONAL character.  Not real.  And people were upset that the writer killed the character off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Don't know anything about this game except what was said on GMA this morning.  I live on west coast so I only watch my local college team. But anyways...Sad that people felt the need to send this player and coaches,etc death threats. Death threats? What is that supposed to accomplish?

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM

ummmmmm...... U of A U of A!!!  :) Just thought I'd throw that out there.

kids stocking

justbereal
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Death threats against him is beyond ridiculous. That poor kid.
amber3902
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Oh my, I didn't think about people betting money on a game. I would be upset then, too. But still - death threats?
Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with you, however, people bet, sometimes LOTS of money and when they lose they become irrational.

There is the story of a Colombian soccer player who messed up in the World Cup and got killed because drug lords had money on the game and they lost.

Quoting amber3902:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM

People are stupid and bet and lose lots and lots of money and the anonymity gives them the "courage" to "talk/threat"

Is sad

Quoting amber3902: Oh my, I didn't think about people betting money on a game. I would be upset then, too. But still - death threats?
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amber3902:

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Those people need a mental checkup and spiritual guidance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2013 at 6:08 PM
They are idiots. Blame the coach. Why attempt a 57 yard field goal?? Pro kickers don't kick that far.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)