Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

adult daughter and acne

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I have a 21 yr old college senior. She had dealt with some mild to moderate acne for the past 2 yrs. She was on antibiotics and prescription crèmes that helped. But everything seemed to have stopped working for her. She had tried several birth control pills but always got side effect and couldn't take them. She was diagnosed with a cystic ovary last week and now has to be the pill. She called me a little while ago and is so upset she said she is so broke out with huge pimples everywhere and nothing is helping. She has used proactive and s acid washes. She said if there isn't a pimple than her face is so dried and flaking. Has anyone else had acne and can you offer and advice as to what worked for you? Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
famiglia_bella
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd, 17, had very mild acne and found organic black soap and had wonderful results, so she shared with her little brother, 16, who was suffering with a lot of pimples on his forehead.  He also had amazing results.  Then they shared it with the soon-to-be DIL, and she suffered severely, all over her cheeks and mouth/chin area, with scarring, and it worked for her too, within a month!  She went back to school and changed to RAW organic black soap and her skin is thisclose to flawless; the scars have even faded out so much that I can't see them in pics at all.  Her skin looks so amazing that I bought the raw stuff and I don't even have pimples.  I have to say, I love the stuff and will always recommend it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Have her try a baking soda and lemon juice facial. You/She can look up many videos on youtube. Use it twice a day at least. In the morning and at night. It worked wonderful for me and I have been on every medication you can think of for acne. It is the most natural way to help cure acne.

MiriRose923
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM

My daughter, too, has suffered from severe acne.  It seems that organic products combined with a mild antibiotic have helped a lot.  However, lately, she has been breaking out again, so we're waiting on some products I ordered from Acne.org.  My niece is using them and they have helped her a lot.  Hope she finds something that works soon!  Does she drink a lot of water?  Has she tried changing her diet?  Just a couple thoughts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Oh, poor thing. I suffer from the same type of acne. It is hormonal acne. It is affecedt by stress. My face is very dry, but any stress and bam. A huge zit. Dove soap helps, believe in or not. Tell her to ditch all benzoyl peroxide products. They make our dry skin worse. Witch hazel is also a miracle worker for me. I found no anti biotic or cream that worked. I refused to take acutane.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Also, glycolic acid peels work well. One or twice a week. I am using Green Apple Peel right now. They make it full strength or sensitive skin.
babygirl4326
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I think that you should definateley look into natural treatments because the problem with taking antibiotics and medications is that it will clear it up, but then the acne returns worst than ever and thus you will need a stronger medication for it.

artemisa3001
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Hi

What kind of soap is that? where can I find it?

Thanks

Quoting famiglia_bella:

My dd, 17, had very mild acne and found organic black soap and had wonderful results, so she shared with her little brother, 16, who was suffering with a lot of pimples on his forehead.  He also had amazing results.  Then they shared it with the soon-to-be DIL, and she suffered severely, all over her cheeks and mouth/chin area, with scarring, and it worked for her too, within a month!  She went back to school and changed to RAW organic black soap and her skin is thisclose to flawless; the scars have even faded out so much that I can't see them in pics at all.  Her skin looks so amazing that I bought the raw stuff and I don't even have pimples.  I have to say, I love the stuff and will always recommend it.

babycakes041903
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Where can I find this? I'm 29 and still break out; at some point I'd like to not have the face of a pimply teenager.

Quoting famiglia_bella:

famiglia_bella
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I get the liquid black soap from Vitacost.com, it's under $8 and it's a huge bottle.  The only raw version they have is a bar but it has rough bits in it for exfoliation so I wouldn't use it on the face, but it works great on the body.  

Quoting babycakes041903:

Where can I find this? I'm 29 and still break out; at some point I'd like to not have the face of a pimply teenager.

Quoting famiglia_bella:

famiglia_bella
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM

It's a soap made from plantain skin.  I get it online from Vitacost. :)

Quoting artemisa3001:

Hi

What kind of soap is that? where can I find it?

Thanks

Quoting famiglia_bella:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)