Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

"special needs"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 214 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have an honest question.  I hear A LOT about special needs and having a normal life, etc.  I am all for it and not against that at all.  HOWEVER

Does my dd, who is normal, NOT deserve an education? When I was growing up the "special needs" kids had their own classroom and even their own bus so they could get the education they needed.  My dd is getting pushed around to "make room" for a special needs kid that is coming into the school.

So, to reiterate my question...Why does my dd education less important than a special needs kid?  Why does she get pushed aside? 

Just a question - I am really not trying to offend ANYONE, just want to know why normal or more intelligent kids are getting pushed aside. 

Thanks.  Bash if you want, but I am honestly tired of hearing about it personally.  and again - I AM NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE,

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunshine257
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
16 moms liked this
I would take out normal or intelligent kids if you don't want to offend..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM
14 moms liked this
It shouldn't happen that way. Everyone should get equal. Average kids, gifted and talented, and special needs. If special needs kids cannt be mainstreamed without disruptions they should not be mainstreamed. We have special classrooms for special needs if they cannot be mainstreamed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

What would you call them then?  What is a better term? 

Please let me know, because I don't know of one. 

Quoting Sunshine257: I would take out normal or intelligent kids if you don't want to offend..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Imo kids with "special needs" have always been segregated from "normal" kids and I think this is society way of finally excepting them as people. Do I think its fair for your child's education to be pushed to the side absolutely not!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.  I am all for them being in the regular classes,but the other kids should not be pushed side.  Thank you.  You said my point exactly!!!  

Quoting Anonymous: Imo kids with "special needs" have always been segregated from "normal" kids and I think this is society way of finally excepting them as people. Do I think its fair for your child's education to be pushed to the side absolutely not!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I don't think kids now should have to pay with their education because in years past ppl were to close minded to realize "special needs" or not they are still people and deserve the same education.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you.  I am all for them being in the regular classes,but the other kids should not be pushed side.  Thank you.  You said my point exactly!!!  

Quoting Anonymous: Imo kids with "special needs" have always been segregated from "normal" kids and I think this is society way of finally excepting them as people. Do I think its fair for your child's education to be pushed to the side absolutely not!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM
5 moms liked this
There should not be disruptions in the classroom. My dd had a girl twirl around the room all during lectures. That is not right. She learned nothing in the classroom and others had to deal with all the disruptions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Same education in the same classroom???

Quoting Anonymous: I don't think kids now should have to pay with their education because in years past ppl were to close minded to realize "special needs" or not they are still people and deserve the same education.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM
2 moms liked this

How is your dd being "pushed aside"?  You have nothing to validate your arguement in this post..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd is set on the days she goes - she can only go 2 days a week because that is all we can afford and other days she as extracurricular activities  A new child is coming in who is special needs The director is wanting toswitch her around to "make room" for the special needs child.  IMO - if this was not a special needs child they would have said they are full and can only do such and such a day.  My dd get pushed aside to "accomodate" the special needs child.  NOT cool. Like I said she can only go 2 days a week as it is. first come first serve regardless if they are special needs or not. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How is your dd being "pushed aside"?  You have nothing to validate your arguement in this post..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN