Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Let's Chat! 12/5

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 97 Replies

Let's Chat!

What's on your mind? Have you finished your holiday shopping yet?

Tell us what's on your mind...
Reply to this post and chat with other members by quoting their replies!

holding cloth bagSteph

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
insanemomof4
by Deb on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:08 AM
First i must get off Cafemom thats the hard part. Then i have to find my house under the tornado that has leveled my place of mess. Then gonna figure out what to make for dinner. Meeting mom later to drop off daughter to spend the night. Friday they are going shopping for party decorations for her Sweet 16 party Sat. Busy busy here i hope you have a great Thursday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:17 AM

LOL! It is hard to leave once you get started on here, isn't it? Oh, a tornado hit your place, too? I had two here named Sidonia and Tabitha, lol. Aww, a Sweet 16 party? How many people are you expecting?

Quoting insanemomof4: First i must get off Cafemom thats the hard part. Then i have to find my house under the tornado that has leveled my place of mess. Then gonna figure out what to make for dinner. Meeting mom later to drop off daughter to spend the night. Friday they are going shopping for party decorations for her Sweet 16 party Sat. Busy busy here i hope you have a great Thursday.

Runner36
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I am reading CM while my son eats breakfast and finishes getting ready for school...then I am off to the gym for a quick run.  DH wants me to finish Christmas shopping today, so that is going to get done, along with the rest of my grocery shopping since we have a party to go to on Saturday and I need to make Chili, Cornbread and Honeybun cake :)

Then relaxing until dh and the kids get home..then dinner, relaxing and bedtime!!!

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Sounds like a busy day ahead! Yum, chili sounds good, too - how do you make yours?

Quoting Runner36:

I am reading CM while my son eats breakfast and finishes getting ready for school...then I am off to the gym for a quick run.  DH wants me to finish Christmas shopping today, so that is going to get done, along with the rest of my grocery shopping since we have a party to go to on Saturday and I need to make Chili, Cornbread and Honeybun cake :)

Then relaxing until dh and the kids get home..then dinner, relaxing and bedtime!!!

Runner36
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:31 AM

yes, very busy ;)

My chili is a very long process...

Bacon, Hamburger, Homemade Chili seasoning mix, Onions, Celery, Bell Peppers, Brown Sugar, fire roasted tomatoes, kidney and pinto beans, beef broth 

After the bacon is made, I soften the veggies in the bacon pan, then add the browned hamburger...then the tomatoes, seasoning, broth, brown sugar...everything but the kidney and pinto beans...after it simmers for a bit, I add the beans...then it sits for 2 hours to meld all the flavors together.

I am getting hungry now !!! LOL

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Sounds like a busy day ahead! Yum, chili sounds good, too - how do you make yours?

Quoting Runner36:

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Ooh, that sounds really good! I'm getting hungry now, too! LOL. When does your son get out of school for the holidays?

Quoting Runner36:

yes, very busy ;)

My chili is a very long process...

Bacon, Hamburger, Homemade Chili seasoning mix, Onions, Celery, Bell Peppers, Brown Sugar, fire roasted tomatoes, kidney and pinto beans, beef broth 

After the bacon is made, I soften the veggies in the bacon pan, then add the browned hamburger...then the tomatoes, seasoning, broth, brown sugar...everything but the kidney and pinto beans...after it simmers for a bit, I add the beans...then it sits for 2 hours to meld all the flavors together.

I am getting hungry now !!! LOL

Quoting Cafe Steph:

goddess99
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Good morning ladies. I'm listening to the wind roar outside, watching Auction Kings on Netflix and hanging out on cm. Having a pretty laid back morning.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM

We watch Auction Kings a lot, too. Sounds like a good start to the day so far. How cold is it there now? It's unseasonably warm here in AL.

Quoting goddess99:

Good morning ladies. I'm listening to the wind roar outside, watching Auction Kings on Netflix and hanging out on cm. Having a pretty laid back morning.

Lukas
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Haven't even started presents shopping still have to get the tree up,  Right now just get to town, cash trust check and gas, groceries, tires and see Mom, pay bills.

goddess99
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I'm in Upper MI and it's 23 with a wind chill of 16, not too bad. They were calling for a windchill of minus 30 for this weekend. Now that's cold lol.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

We watch Auction Kings a lot, too. Sounds like a good start to the day so far. How cold is it there now? It's unseasonably warm here in AL.

Quoting goddess99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN