Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Please tell me I'm not the only one who knows this isn't natural!

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 402 Replies
32 moms liked this

Do you think cow's milk is ok to drink?

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2manydiapers
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM
6 moms liked this
Bump.. because knowledge is power
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM
8 moms liked this

I agree with you. I'll breastfeed until my dd decides to stop then she can have almond milk.

Momofmenagerie
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM
72 moms liked this
I'm not drinking breast milk at age 39 no matter HOW the stuff works!
:p
2manydiapers
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I do not care if others drink cows milk, hell my older kids do with cereal and random chocolate milks. But I couldnt comprehended the other post, women being called sick over breastfeeding. Yet they drink milk meant for baby cows.

my ds just turned 2, isnt weaned, hes severely allegic to nuts. And knocked out his front four teeth at 15 months falling, so meh.. I do keep bribing him to switch though,,, I want a snickers bar.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with you. I'll breastfeed until my dd decides to stop then she can have almond milk.

2manydiapers
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:12 PM
4 moms liked this
Lol I aggree.. although I do like chasig dh with it like a squirt gun. I just cant comprehend calling someone sick.. yet drinking milk meant for baby cows, the logics the same,

Quoting Momofmenagerie: I'm not drinking breast milk at age 39 no matter HOW the stuff works!

:p
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:24 PM
31 moms liked this
I think moms should breastfeed as long as suits them and the child.
In reference to cows milk.....if humans aren't supposed to drink it, why do we have an enzyme on the tip of the digestive cilia meant exclusively to digest dairy?
achorney
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM
16 moms liked this

Quoting EireLass: I think moms should breastfeed as long as suits them and the child.
In reference to cows milk.....if humans aren't supposed to drink it, why do we have an enzyme on the tip of the digestive cilia meant exclusively to digest dairy?

Over half the world doesn't have that enzyme in their gut past 3 years old. That's lactose intolerance. They're hypothesizing now that people that do are the abnormality... we're not made to drink cow milk. Those that can are the freaks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Most people don't know that no one needs cow's milk. You can get plenty of calcium, protein & vitamin D from other sources. The whole breastfeeding thing will probly change over time. In 20 or 50 years from now mabey people will be breastfeeding longer (3 plus years) without any stigma. More women breastfeed now & for longer periods then 10 & 20 years ago so we are making progress.

Quoting 2manydiapers: I do not care if others drink cows milk, hell my older kids do with cereal and random chocolate milks. But I couldnt comprehended the other post, women being called sick over breastfeeding. Yet they drink milk meant for baby cows.

my ds just turned 2, isnt weaned, hes severely allegic to nuts. And knocked out his front four teeth at 15 months falling, so meh.. I do keep bribing him to switch though,,, I want a snickers bar.

Quoting Anonymous:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 4:18 PM
11 moms liked this
Actually, most that believe themselves to be lactose intolerant, aren't. They've ruined (maybe temporary) the cilia by eating grains that they shouldn't. Ease up on the grains, and many are then able to digest dairy without issue. Assuming the immune system is basically healthy, by eating the grains, they lay flat the cilia. When its cut out, the cilia are able to rebuild, repair, and stand up again.
Quoting achorney:

Quoting EireLass: I think moms should breastfeed as long as suits them and the child.

Over half the world doesn't have that enzyme in their gut past 3 years old. That's lactose intolerance. They're hypothesizing now that people that do are the abnormality... we're not made to drink cow milk. Those that can are the freaks.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM
25 moms liked this
Ehh we don't need milk period. Breast or cow. I think if you can't put water in a cup for your 4 year old instead of popping a tit out then the problem lies in your own head.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)