Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

hey toddler moms out there i need some toy help!!

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

hey there toddler moms i am in need of some ideas for a 2 year old. He loves painting and coloring, he likes playing outside and running like a crazy boy around the house. Here is the problem. He is the only grandchild on my side and lives far away from family on the other side. Needless to say hes spoiled beyond normal. I dont tell his grandparents or aunts or uncles no. But now i have no idea what to get him for christmas. He has EVERYTHING! ohh i need some creative help moms!!!!

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyELR
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I hear you on the can't tell family no. We have so many toys I had to install a whole wall of shelfs to help store them!I have a dd 5, ds 3, and dd 2. These are some things that they are into. They are all very artistic and energetic. Outside Chalk. Bath crayons/ Paint. Dry eraser board and markers (keep a close eye with this one). Color Wonder Books and markers. Hope this helps! :)

zomom0911
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM

yes actually i didnt think about the bath stuff. thats a great idea!!

Quoting MommyELR:

I hear you on the can't tell family no. We have so many toys I had to install a whole wall of shelfs to help store them!I have a dd 5, ds 3, and dd 2. These are some things that they are into. They are all very artistic and energetic. Outside Chalk. Bath crayons/ Paint. Dry eraser board and markers (keep a close eye with this one). Color Wonder Books and markers. Hope this helps! :)

merryvoice
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:51 AM
How about sidewalk chalk? They also have crayons for the bathtub. It erases off the walls.
-Teeter-Totter-
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:17 AM
You can make him some sweet homemade toys :).

I do this all the time as a hobby. Im always browsing etsy for ideas. my favorites are montessori or waldorf inspired ones. I get ideas, then find a wood supplier or fabric/ craft store and have fun!

Sometimes the simplest things and things made by mama are enjoyed the most ;)
jeb2
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Dress up clothes and hats,  Not the store bought fancy stuff.   Boys love vests and capes,  career type things. Be creative. Never forget books.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)