Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How many of you have children that do NOT make a christmas list?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 12:19 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Do your kids make Christmas lists?

Options:

No, they never have a list

some years they do, some they don't

Yes, they make a list every year

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

My DD is just to cute for words.  She has never made a Christmas list, her reasoning, she likes it to be a big surprise to what she gets, if she asks for things then she will know what she will get.  This is exactly what she told my Vavo last night.  Vavo asked her what was on her list and she gave her the explanation.  She is only 6 (she'll be 7 in Feb)  I was filled with pride to hear her say that.  My girlfriend's son has a list that's nearly 2 pages long, front and back, filled with things like a lap top, ipod, ipad, tv for his room, a fridge for his room (which made both of us laugh) and a ton of things she can't afford at one time.  I find my DD's reason not only humbling but uplifting.  At least I know she won't be disappointed if she doesn't get all the things on her "list" and no matter what she will be happy with what she does get.  

Proud mommy here happy

by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine don't, they are happy with what they get.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyledavidsmom
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Same with my 4

Quoting lapcounter: Mine don't, they are happy with what they get.
ladyraven16
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine don't. They just tell me what looks cool and I buy what I think is the most special to them. Lots of it is junk that they say they want haha. Neither of then have ever asked for electronics so far!
So_Devious20
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
She tells me some stuff. But a list, no.
auntyag
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I ask my son to make a list of the ten most things he would want and that maybe santa will bring him one and that his dad and grandparents want ideas. It works out because I get him one or two things I have to limit my mom to two items and santa gets him one thing. Once in a while his dad and other family get close to the list. He is very thankful for anything he gets.
shiningjoy
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I have asked my daughter repeatedly to make a list for me this year, she is at that odd age and I have no idea!!  She has no desire to help me, she decided to be a smartass instead and put a bunch of weird stuff on a list and handed it to me laughing....go figure.....

dustinsmommy74
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

My son doesn't make a "list," but he does write a letter to Santa every year. 

jessica1078
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like something my dd would do lol

Quoting shiningjoy:

I have asked my daughter repeatedly to make a list for me this year, she is at that odd age and I have no idea!!  She has no desire to help me, she decided to be a smartass instead and put a bunch of weird stuff on a list and handed it to me laughing....go figure.....

jessica1078
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids are always asked what they want for christmas, birthday etc and it's always -I don't know. Last year for Christmas I bought supplies and each child helped paint their rooms to their "theme" which is whatever they wanted basically lol. Youngest ds has stars(some glow in the dark),dd lime green accents everywhere and oldest ds music notes( to match his growing musical instrument collection- full set up for a live band just need the band lol)
waytomanykids10
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine don't.  I like to think I know my kids well enough to know what they will like. So far everything we have ever bought has been a big hit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)