Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you donate/volunteer?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 9 Replies

I had a pretty long day, so in order to feel better, I decided to gather up old clothes from dd and myself and donate them to the women's shelter. Lots of pants and leggings from me, loads of baby clothes, and a few coats from both dd and I. Mom asked if I wanted to sell them...no. Why sell them if there's someone in need? Oh, and a new crib mattress and two strollers =]

Do you donate and/or volunteer?

by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dayskitty
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I donate things to Goodwill and I volunteer at a cat clinic. My neighbor and I trap the feral cats so they can get fixed,get shots and any medical treatment needed.

justbereal
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I donate to goodwill. I also have funds taken from my paycheck which the hospital then donates to diff charities. A portion of my spending at Krogers goes to the local animal shelter.
jessimicuh
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I donated old clothing... and now I'm looking for Christmas donations.. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM
We donate. I also volunteer for a non profit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Yes, I donate to our town's food bank, to Purple Heart, to my kids' schools and to their community outreach programs.  I volunteer in their schools and am one of the administrators at their language school.  Geez, didn't realize how much I give.  :)

lulumomof2
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Most of my younger sons clothes (if they are like new) I give to a friend of mine who has 4 kids. Other stuff we donate to goodwill. I'm involved in an organization (dh is the club president and both of our sons used to play on the teams that the club "sponsors") anyway they adopt a family at Christmas time (this year we are able to adopt 2 families) so we get to be a part of that, which I'm totally excited for (I'm excited every year).  

teaandcookies
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

all the time.  What you dont make from sale you get back in karma.  We do food drives every 4 months, pennies for presents, winter clothing drive ect

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:43 AM
I occasionally donate items we no longer need to Goodwill. I also have donated blood a little over a dozen times. When I was a teen, I volunteered at multiple libraries and the American Red Cross.
Ultra_
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Yes I do lots of both.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)