Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If you're going to work all the time, why have kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Another one of my friends just had a baby and put the baby in daycare so she could go back to work when the baby was just 6wks old. None of them has to work. They've got men who work big jobs with very good pay. They just would rather be at work than at home with their babies. I don't get that.

What's the point of having a baby at all if you're never going to be home to help raise it?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
So_Devious20
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Whats the point of living if you dont get to make yourself happy?
Why have sex if you aren't ttc?
Why not just adopt?

All these things and more are none of your business. Live your own life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Wow, some peoplr balance work and motherhood. Who says everyone needs to be a stay at home mom. Could say the opposite. Many Mom's stay home on welfare and should be working.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I wish I could stay home. I work a part-time job.  Laid off father.  But whatever helps other moms.  But what pisses me off are teenagers who get pregnant, get vouchers for daycare, put their child there all day and stay at home scratching themselves etc.  I work and do not qualify for that.  

EarlGrayHot
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM
3 moms liked this

Another post by someone who thinks it's her business to judge working moms.  NEWSFLASH!  It's nobody's business whether moms OR dads have kids and go to work.  I went back to work when my baby was about 6 weeks old and my daughter is just fine, very smart, and getting her doctorate soon.  There has never been ANY evidence that working parents (although it's always the moms who are somehow at fault if they go back to work) cause any harm at all to their kids!  This is just more bushwa from the you-hate-your-kids-if-you-go-back-to-work crowd who perhaps want to imagine they are better parents because they don't work (they aren't).  It's quality not quantity that matters.  It's also a woman's choice whether she works or not and it's none of anyone's business if she HAS to work or just WANTS to work.  Neither staying home with your kids or going to work when you have kids matters.  One way or another does not make you a better or worse parent nor does it make it any of your business.  Concentrate on your own kids and leave working moms alone.  We aren't staying home, barefoot and pregnant, anymore! 

m.garcia21
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM
ive actually been thinking about this recently bc, ive bn going to school part time but in jan im switching to fulltime so im worried and uneasy i wont be able to be around my kids as much ...and as soon as im done with school im going to work..as much as i would love to continue to be a stahm its a sacrifice i have to make.
BL2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Sorry, but why is it any of your business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a mom who works full time, I would LOVE to be a stay at home mom, but I needed to work when DD was young, my husband has a great job and we could probably afford for me to quit now, but we have been able to go on so many family vacations, do so much more than if we were just on the one income.  I agree that mommas need to be with their babies when they are little, but it isn't always feasible, I believe it is all in a fine balance between work and motherhood.

PestPatti
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Daycare didn't raise my kids, I did.   I worked in Daycare back in 1985, I wasn't raising their kids.  

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM

lots of haters here!  I understand your point exactly.  As much as I agree with you, I know there are women who want children, but are not cut out to be stay at home moms.  I stayed home for years.  My only regret is that my career suffered for it, but my kids are great!

Ignore those here that want to make you out to be a busy body or a hater.  I think mothers (or fathers) should be there for the baby if at all possible.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN