Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

X Box Questions

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 16 Replies

I feel so old.  But.... The kids want an X Box to play Minecraft, etc.  So what do I need to get?  There are so many options!  360?  Kinect?

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM
We have the Xbox 360 with Kinect. My husband and son love it! We got it almost 4 Xmas's ago and we do not plan on getting anything else anytime soon, can't afford it anyway.
I would definitely get the 360 w/ Kinect, there are so many games for the kids that are super fun and require it to play.
lovemymini
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM
You just need an Xbox 360. Minecraft isn't out on the Xbox One yet.

You won't needed a kinect for minecraft either, although a bundle is cheaper now.

Each child should have a Xbox live account so they can play together spilt screen or with their own set of friends.
Brenna
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Thank you!  What's "standard" vs "digital entertainment?"

lovemymini
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM
How old are the kids?
Brenna
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:11 PM

6 and 8.  We have a Wii but have become minecradt addicts.  :)

lovemymini
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM
http://www.qvc.com/Xbox-360-or-PS3-System-w-Skylanders-Swap-Force-Starter-Pack-Video-Games-Electronics.product.E225467.html?sc=E225467-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-6-_-E225467&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/e/67/e225467.001?$uslarge$

I would get that Bundle from QVC.com

You can make payments on it so you not spending alot today plus it comes with a really fun game.

You can get the minecraft game at Game stop or download it directly onto your Xbox. You will have to get 2 copies of it if you get each of them their own live account.

Quoting Brenna:

6 and 8.  We have a Wii but have become minecradt addicts.  :)

Brenna
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM

The only issue is he already has Swapforce for the Wii.  But I'll look at that. Helps to know pricing!

lovemymini
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM
You can't use swap force for the Wii on the 360. You might be able to use the characters, but you can't use the portal or disc. The game will also look better then it does on the wii.

Quoting Brenna:

The only issue is he already has Swapforce for the Wii.  But I'll look at that. Helps to know pricing!

Brenna
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Exactly. I'm not buying a game he already has for the Wii though.  That's my point.

I seriously have to buy two Minecraft games to get them both profiles?  Ugh.  this is why I just do Mario Kart.

Quoting lovemymini: You can't use swap force for the Wii on the 360. You might be able to use the characters, but you can't use the portal or disc. The game will also look better then it does on the wii.

Quoting Brenna:

Brenna
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM

4GB?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)