Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you...

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:24 AM
  • 45 Replies

Change your appearance in anyway?

I dyed my hair alot in HS, I just liked the change.. Thinking about doing it again..

For some reason I just want to change my appearance, it's just not working for me. I think I used to look alot better 2 years ago. I'm only 20, btw.

I don't do it for other people, I do it to make myself feel good, even though I'm told I shouldn't change my hair color "it's naturally pretty", I'm tired of it, and worn out. I'm not trying to look 18 again, I just want to find MY style..

It could also be because I'm very pregnant.. and no, I'm not dying it or anything until after baby is born.

Do you dye your hair? Get your nails done? Anything?

(I'm aware this is a pointless post, but it's 2:24am and I'm bored)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't dye my hair, get my nails done, wear makeup, or any of the other stereotypically girly things.  I just never got into that stuff.  Frankly, I consider it all a waste of money and time.

korra2013
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:50 AM
I like dying my hair, doing nails all that stuff. I may not do it all the time because of the money it takes but I do enjoy it. When i was younger i was more of a Tom boy and never cared for that stuff. Now I'm 28 and love it.
corpswife523
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:51 AM

For some it is, it's not for everyone.

But I'm not ashamed to say I feel like I look prettier with my make-up and hair done. I do think getting your nails done is a waste of money though.

Quoting taniamorse85:

I don't dye my hair, get my nails done, wear makeup, or any of the other stereotypically girly things.  I just never got into that stuff.  Frankly, I consider it all a waste of money and time.

corpswife523
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:56 AM

I dye my hair myself with the dye from WalMart. I don't get my nails done unless someone else is offering to pay for me. Lol, too expensive!

Makes me feel "fresh". Like a new me.

Quoting korra2013: I like dying my hair, doing nails all that stuff. I may not do it all the time because of the money it takes but I do enjoy it. When i was younger i was more of a Tom boy and never cared for that stuff. Now I'm 28 and love it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I am over 50 so yes I dye and highlight my hair. Nothing drastic.
BL2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I color my hair.

ZamilyMom
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Coloring your hair is not a waste of money when you DIY.  I buy the boxes when they go on sale (I've gotten some good name brands for as low as $1.50 with a combo of sales and coupons).  The color turns out great. 

brittybby2010
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I dye my hair, I have piercings, a tattoo, and wear makeup. My hair is currently burgundy =]

bhow
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I change the style and by that I mean the STYLE, not the cut.  I wear it up, down, straight, curly...

I put a level 6 redken with 10 volume developer every 6 to 8 weeks because it keeps it shiny and makes it easier to style.  10 volume has no lift so I'm not doing damage, just depositing color.

corpswife523
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I have piercings and a hidden tattoo, lol. I've always wanted to try burgundy, but it's deff too dark for me! Lol

I've always looked better in all light blonde! My natural hair is like an ombre of dirty blonde at my roots, to light blonde at my tips.

Quoting brittybby2010:

I dye my hair, I have piercings, a tattoo, and wear makeup. My hair is currently burgundy =]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)