Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

need help with idea for a teachers gift?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

i would like to get my daughters teacher something for christmas but i have no money. like, literally my hubby is waiting to spend his "christmas" with my stepkids until january so he can get them a couple more things before he sees them. I feel like if I don't get my daughters teacher something it will look so bad, she really is a nice person and does a lot. I have a lot of fabric sitting around though I figured I could sew her something. would a teacher like something that is homemade? and if so, any idea on what I could make that she might actually like?

by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lovegrandbaby
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Me, personally - I don't do for teachers.  I would rather do for bus drivers and their aides, which I have every year since my ds was in pre-school and he is in 9th grade now.  I think a teacher should be appreciative of anything, whether it's homemade or not.  I don't have any suggestions - sorry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I only did gift cards for teachers.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:20 AM
2 moms liked this

I like to bake, so I will make assorted Christmas cookies or banana bread, etc.  As for the fabric, maybe make a potpourri bag that she can put in her car or closet.  Maybe fill it with dried rice and she can pop it in the microwave or freezer for her aches.  Mine made herself an apron for things that she would need to carry around the class, so maybe try making an apron with pockets or like a tote bag with different pockets.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2013 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I think a Teacher's Apron would be nice. 

Edit: I just thought of something else  Teacher’s Christmas Stocking.

nkki954
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd made Christmas ornaments for her teachers and support staff at school (6 teachers and 7 additional staff).
We bought clear glass ornaments, fine glitter (school colors are blue and silver), thin silver ribbon, and a black paint marker.
She filled 1/4 of the ornaments with the glitter, shook them so it would stick on the sides, and wrote BENGALS on the ornament with 2013 and paw prints.
I got gift boxes from the dollar store.

Total coat was under $30. The main expense was the individual boxes from the dollar store.
dalbax2
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe a set of potholders and some home baked cookies to go w / them.
Mrs._Lovett
by Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

how does that work? can I put any kind of rice inside? what about beans?

Quoting MixedCooke:

I like to bake, so I will make assorted Christmas cookies or banana bread, etc.  As for the fabric, maybe make a potpourri bag that she can put in her car or closet.  Maybe fill it with dried rice and she can pop it in the microwave or freezer for her aches.  Mine made herself an apron for things that she would need to carry around the class, so maybe try making an apron with pockets or like a tote bag with different pockets.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not sure of the exacts but i know I saw it on pinterest.

how does that work? can I put any kind of rice inside? what about beans?

Quoting MixedCooke:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)