Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

smoking/drinking while pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 424 Replies
1 mom liked this

Did you do it? What do you think of women who do?

With my first I cut back on smoking slowly before I went cold turkey and quit. I also drank probably two-three glasses of wine during the middle-end of my pregnancy. I didn't really see any issue with either of those things. I do, however, have a problem when someone smokes throughout their entire pregnancy or continues to drink. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:25 AM
3 moms liked this
No, hate smoking. Rarely drink even when not pregnant so no drinking while pregnant.
GertieK
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:25 AM
148 moms liked this

A woman who continues to smoke/drink through her pregnancy is selfish.  Being a mom requires much sacrifice, and when someone clearly is unwilling to stop dangerous behavior for their child, it speaks volumes.

Cairasmom629
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I had wine once I think... Can't remember but several doctors say a glass of wine a day is fine.. Not to mention I was drinking at a Halloween party before I knew I was pregnant and taking shots. It wasn't anything to hard but it was stronger than wine.. I'd never smoke !!
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM
4 moms liked this
I don't smoke or drink, so it wasn't an issue for me. I don't have a problem with women doing it. Not my body, not my baby.
NeekyAlbert
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM
5 moms liked this
I drink sometimes with my hubby...but at pregnancy time not at all...no boozing no smoking...Mother's had to do sacrifice for their baby's ...that's why no one can take the place of a mother ...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM
13 moms liked this
We pay more for insurance for all the babies effected by stupid Mom's who can't obstain.

Quoting EireLass: I don't smoke or drink, so it wasn't an issue for me. I don't have a problem with women doing it. Not my body, not my baby.
nassivera
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
No I did not. As soon as I found it I was pregnant I stopped drinking anything even remotely dangerous to my baby, even speed drinking coffee even though a cup of coffee a day is fine. I have never smoked. I think smoking is disgusting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM
13 moms liked this
I didnt smoke or drink at all while i was pregnant. i did start after my first was born but quit for good wiyh my second. i never had any caffiene w either. it can cause miscarriages. unlike EireLass I care about ALL babies and they ALL deserve the best start in life that we can give them. Maybe instead of putting moms down you could help bring them up.
EarlGrayHot
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM
4 moms liked this

Both are very bad for the developing baby.  Not a good idea at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM
8 moms liked this
I smoked and drank before I got pregnant. I quit the day I found out (which was earlier than 4 weeks) I couldn't live with myself knowing I was pregnant and still doing that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN