Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Has this ever happened to you?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just spent over a thousand dollars for the removal of my widsom teeth. That includes sedation. My mouth started hurting today and I felt around. I came to find that there is a second set growing in! 

I am pissed. 
Not only is this going to cost me an arm and a leg again, but I will once again be in weeks of paid and being doped on pain killers.

UGH! 

by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Oh no that sucks!

I didn't have a second set grow in.  I had a set start growing in okay (I have a big mouth so they weren't going to remove it), but then it somehow turned or something and started going in sideways.  The way it was growing was hitting a nerve and not only was it painful, but I had a chronic headache and earache and it caused swelling right by my ear.  It was painful and annoying.  The doctor said that if it wasn't for all the issues it was causing me, he would just have left it because it was going to be hard to remove.  I lived off of shakes and smoothies for about 2 weeks after and I looked like I was keeping a baseball sized jawbreaker in my mouth for about 2 weeks. 

withsecond
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Ummmm, how do you have two sets? That's odd. I would tell them they should have known and removed them while they were already in there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I had 5, two on the top left, it was weird. Have you gotten x-rays done?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Did they not show up in the x-rays? They should have been visible....

AWallewein
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:24 PM

No they didnt show up in the x-rays. Idk what the heck. This post was from like a week ago and they are just popping through. I cant afford the appointment they was 180 up front. They wont bill me later.. It sucks

merryvoice
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't even know that could happen! I really feel for you. I had three of my wisdom teeth taken out fairly recently, (one was already out) and I know how much ONE round of that sucks!
Droyal14u
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:35 AM

I am so sorry for you. My exhusband had impacted wisdom teeth and had to have them extracted too. He was miserable for a couple of days. When I turned 19 and was in the Marines, I asked the dentist to check my wisdom teeth for me as my back teeth were hurting a bit. He looked at my x-rays and laughed saying "you don't have any!" Never have, never will. Whew...I consider it a bullet dodged. I'm sorry you have to go through this though.

hugs

AWallewein
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Yea impacted.. Thats when they are grown but dont break through the gums right? Thats what happened to me. 

The surgery was a pain, I mean I was sedated but they actually have to break your gums open and dig them out. Knarley operation, and very painful recovery. Especially for a smoker like me, lol. 

Quoting Droyal14u:

I am so sorry for you. My exhusband had impacted wisdom teeth and had to have them extracted too. He was miserable for a couple of days. When I turned 19 and was in the Marines, I asked the dentist to check my wisdom teeth for me as my back teeth were hurting a bit. He looked at my x-rays and laughed saying "you don't have any!" Never have, never will. Whew...I consider it a bullet dodged. I'm sorry you have to go through this though.

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)