Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Today.com survey How many presents will your kids get??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
34% 1 to 3
39% 4 to 8
14% 9 to 12
13% more than 12

Over 29,000 responded
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Well I would be in the 13%.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM
They mentioned that if this includes stocking stuffers then they could see more than 12. We never got ours more than 12 regular gifts. Now they are grown and we only do stocking stuffers only and one big gift.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM

No, I'm not including stocking stuffers. Dh and I go NUTS! But to our defense, we were married for 13 years before we had children and we were finally blessed with twins. We're in our 40's so we're a little older and much more financially stable than we were when we married at 20. We spoil them. =)

Quoting Anonymous: They mentioned that if this includes stocking stuffers then they could see more than 12. We never got ours more than 12 regular gifts. Now they are grown and we only do stocking stuffers only and one big gift.

Quoting Anonymous:

jeda1429
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Okay, now I don't feel so bad, my son used to get like 30. But we are in different financial circumstances now and we cannot provide more than five or six. I felt like my son was being deprived of a great Christmas, but I guess we're in the norm lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM
We were financially stable too. Didn't go overboard though.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I'm not including stocking stuffers. Dh and I go NUTS! But to our defense, we were married for 13 years before we had children and we were finally blessed with twins. We're in our 40's so we're a little older and much more financially stable than we were when we married at 20. We spoil them. =)

Quoting Anonymous: They mentioned that if this includes stocking stuffers then they could see more than 12. We never got ours more than 12 regular gifts. Now they are grown and we only do stocking stuffers only and one big gift.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Bump
waytomanykids10
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:37 AM

3 gifts under the tree and 5 in their stockings so we would be in the 39% range.

AjCeCeMom
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Me too...whoops.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GertieK
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Our kids got 3 presents each.  Jesus received 3, and so that is what we based it on.  Now the grandkids get 3.  The kids MIGHT get 1, if it is in the finances.  Keeping it to 3 for a solid reason made it simple, and kept things from getting out of hand. 

amber3902
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM

How do you count the gifts? 

I often combine several items into one box.  For example, I'll put three pieces of clothing into one box, my eldest likes to draw, so I got a drawing pad and two pencil sets, but they'll all go in one box.  I got my youngest three books, but I'll wrap all three together.

So technically, they each will have seven gifts to OPEN, but they'll each have more ITEMS than that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)