Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Does your child deserve a lump of coal this Christmas?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Mine does!  No matter what I do, threats, punishment, etc, he just WON'T get the hint and get his grades up!  He's perfectly capable of getting good grades, but just doesn't want to do the work, and when he does it, he does it SOOOOO slowly and then forgets to turn it in!

So... why does YOUR child deserve a lump of coal?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:53 PM

If fighting over doing homework slowly and forgetting to turn it in is all he's doing wrong, you should consider yourself very lucky and blessed. I don't know what age he is, but it's perfectly normal to go through a phase like this. There are always things we think our kids need to improve on and we tend to pick at and drive ourselves crazy about it. Santa's lists are not perfect or bad, it's naughty or nice. Santa does not require perfection. My ds was the same way, and he got over it, graduating high school magna cum laude. But I do think he deserves a lump of coal for running a red light camera in his truck which is registered to me!

Honeygator
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Awe, I feel bad for you. Think trade school. I know a master mechanic who is a whiz at electrical mechanics. He hated school, he didn't do his work, he didn't study, he failed everything that had to do with books. He started out working on bicycles when he was 5. He just sold his very successful, honest shop where he had to turn work away at age 25, because he worked 7 days a week since he was 14 and he's really really tired.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)