Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

An atheist view

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 34 Replies
5 moms liked this

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Lets see how many people don't read it right and start blasting you.

holding ornaments popcornchristmas tree

jenaree
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM
2 moms liked this
That may be true for Christians but it is not true for my atheist beliefs.
jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I am sincerely NOT bashing you, but what are your views.  I am curious because I have never heard a defense of atheism that is not bashing those who believe in GOD.

Quoting jenaree: That may be true for Christians but it is not true for my atheist beliefs.

srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM
So are you Christian or atheist? I will say it's pretty neat :-)
But to each his own....good luck with the bashing...
jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I am a faithful practicing Roman Catholic.  

Quoting srehman: So are you Christian or atheist? I will say it's pretty neat :-)
But to each his own....good luck with the bashing...

srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Just curious as to what your beliefs are as an athirst ? All the atheists I know "believe" there is no God. So what else is there to "believe"
This is a sincere question, I have friends who are agnostic and athiest

Quoting jenaree: That may be true for Christians but it is not true for my atheist beliefs.
justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I don't believe in God (in the diest sense) I believe in the good in humanity. I believe in living life to the fullest. I believe in loving to the best of my ability. I believe in many of the tenants of Christianity I just don't believe there is eternal punishment for not being perfect.

Quoting srehman: Just curious as to what your beliefs are as an athirst ? All the atheists I know "believe" there is no God. So what else is there to "believe"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM
So how do you claim atheism? Atheist believe in science, not God

Quoting justinnaimee: I don't believe in God (in the diest sense) I believe in the good in humanity. I believe in living life to the fullest. I believe in loving to the best of my ability. I believe in many of the tenants of Christianity I just don't believe there is eternal punishment for not being perfect.

Quoting srehman: Just curious as to what your beliefs are as an athirst ? All the atheists I know "believe" there is no God. So what else is there to "believe"

justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Atheists simply believe there isnt a God. That is the definition of atheism. It's not an organized "religion" we all believe differently.

And I never said I didn't believe in science :-\

Quoting Anonymous: So how do you claim atheism? Atheist believe in science, not God

Quoting justinnaimee: I don't believe in God (in the diest sense) I believe in the good in humanity. I believe in living life to the fullest. I believe in loving to the best of my ability. I believe in many of the tenants of Christianity I just don't believe there is eternal punishment for not being perfect.

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I cannot speak for other denominations, but in Catholic theology there  is no eternal punishment for not being perfect.  We believe in purgatory which is a place where sould who didn't get it right purge their sins.  Thre are lots of theological writings of how this works, as a student of theology I cannot provide a cogent explanation, but I find it quite comforting.  Protestants will bash me for the concept of purgatory, as they see it as not biblical, this is not something to bring up here.

I will say that I know many good people who do not believe in God, or anything in particular.  good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)