Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

At what age do you tell your kids the truth about Santa?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

My kids are 9 and 7, I think it's time but my husband disagrees.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:05 PM
They figure it out. Oldest was between 3rd and 4th. Youngest was between 2nd and 3rd. IF after 4th grade I would have spilled the beans.
MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM

In our family, birth.

MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM

But to actually answer your question, I don't think any kid should be believing past ten at the latest.  You're going into puberty, but you still believe in Santa?  Not going to go well.

gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM

mine confessed last year when he was 7 that he knew that I was Santa, but changed his tune just before Christmas when he figured he'd get less booty. He has'nt mentioned Santa this year. Apparently they are reaching middle age when they hit 8 and its not butch to beleive in Santa. I'll fill his stocking up anyway.

Momofmenagerie
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM
My older so is 14. He knows but prefers to continue to revel in the " magic"

I never expect to have a definite " talk" about Santa.... I think the point is moot as eventually they figure it out through friends or a sit com kills it for them. Sometimes a parent screws up with " we got him..."

My sons will "believe" in Santa for as long as they want ( as I did )

This isn 't a sex talk, or predator talk. This is a guy who no longer exists physically but survives centuries of legends across the world, why sit everyone down and burst their balloon?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM
My girls are 17 and 15, and my boys are 5 and 3 1/2. I told my 17 year old the truth when she was between the ages of : 11-14, and the reason way I told her is because she wanted something for Christmas and she didn't get it. I think that my 15 year old found out herself. As for my 2 little ones, I don't want it to be ruined for them, and I don't plan on telling them the truth til they ask. Even though my 17 year old knows the truth, she still says that there is a Santa, and I am glad that she does.
Pnukey
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I pretended to believe until I was 11-13 somewhere in there anyway. I think for the sole reason of more gifts lol.
I will probably tell my oldest when she is 8/9. If she doesn't figure it out by then. Maybe. We have two more after her, so I don't want to spoil the fun for them, but I don't want her believing too long either.
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I think if you (general you) take the magic out of your child's life you are just an asshole. It doesn't hurt anything for a child to stay innocent and believe in magic and fairytales. If you (general you) are that much of an ass that you would tell a small child that Santa isn't real then you should reevaluate being a parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 7:49 AM
No clue...We have never done Santa...they are 8 and 5.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)