Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If you get snow...why - ETA (in red)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

do you shovel - if you shovel at all.

I live in Colorado mountains and we get a TON of snow.  I don't even own a shovel and haven't shoveled at all since I lived here. 

I don't see a point to break your back working when it is just going to snow again or melt away. 

PLease - just out of curiosity why do people spend their time shoveling?  I dont get it.   

Instead of replying to everytone - I will never be leaving colorado.  I love snow and for someone to tell me I have to shovel or get fined is RIDICULOUS  in my mind.  If it is private property - it is MINE if  I want sbnow on it - It's MINE so so what.  If you want to come over to my house - WALK THROUGH IT OR DON'T COME

If it is public - the city should take care of it - they can ksis my rear end - I am not shovel ing a PUBLIC place - city's problem.  This is my opinion.

I love the fact thta here we do not have silly laws like that. 

As far as shoes and such from a lot of the responses - I wear boots, I don't have to change when I get somewhere, If it is deep I wear snow pants - I have no problems with gettting wet feet - I have the proper clothing.  If you live in a snowy climate why are you wearing gym shoes or heels or inappropraite clothing and getting all wet.  That is silly in my opinion.  Get proper cothing and wear it.  I personally would rather do that than shovel. 

My car is also proproerly equipped for snowy weather.  I would not live in an area that gets a lot of snow and NOT have snow tires on my car so I can drive through a lot of snow AND drive normal speeds on the road. 

I am well prepared to live in snow - not get rid of it when it is supposed to be there. 

IF I was in florida or some other state that does not get snow - I can see the not having proper shoes or my car not properly equipped, but when you live in a snowy place you should be equipped to just go if you need to. 

I have worked at the resorts and I remember this one woman who came in January - the middle of winter from NYC.  She came to the front desk and complained "why is there snow on the parking lot, I can't walk in my HIGH HEELS."  Thoughts in my head were WHY WOULD YOU WEAR HEELS IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER WITH SNOW ON THE GROUND - dumb IMO.  I answered her "we are in colorado and it is winter.  It snows ust about every day.  Just silly to me.  That is like me packign snow pants to go to florida and com[laining it is hot and can't wear my snow pants!!!   Silly.  I would pack the appropriate clothing for the location, just like if I live somewhere I would have the appropriate clothing. 

JUST MY OPINION

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM
We have a snow blower.
tamzinsmommy
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Landlord takes care of it
The_Doodle
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I haven't had to shovel snow yet, but I would assume that those who do cannot wait until the snow melts.

kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM
We have a gravel drive. We don't shovel.
the3Rs
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM
We have a snowblower & we use it because we couldn't get out of our driveway if we didn't.
Snakecharm
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:59 PM
By me you get fined if sidewalks aren't shoveled within a few hours of the snow stopping. Plus it's a greater chance someone will fall and sue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM
we shovel off our deck so snow isnt drug in the house . i know in town you have to shovel your sidewalks or youll be fined
waytomanykids10
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Because we actually like to get out of our driveway. If we don't shovel it gets to deep and our vehicles won't go through it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I get out of my driveway.  I only have a front wheel drive corolla.  I can get through18 inches of snow.  We don't usually get more than that at one time.  IDK - I just don't understand I guess.  My neighbors are out shoveling while it is snowing and there is like maybe 4-6 inches!!  I am just amazed that they waste their time doing it and dont drive through it. 

For example, abouit a month ago, it snowed like 12 inches - I had to take my dd to school.  My neighbors were all out shoveling.  I went out turned the car on dusted off the windows and drove off.  Went right through it. 

I just dont understand. 

do you get a whole bunch?  Is your driveway really long?  IDK - just trying to get it. 

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Because we actually like to get out of our driveway. If we don't shovel it gets to deep and our vehicles won't go through it.

LeilaBeansMom
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Just a very little bit on our steps. Otherwise we have a skid steer to move snow. (Northwestern Wisconsin)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)