Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

a broken motherf***in kindle!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
My DD and step son both got a kindle fire HD for Christmas... Well SS (14) & his friend was in the living room playing football, after I told them to go outside and do it. Because they had already knocked stuff off the entertainment center. They continued to play anyway. DD was walking to her room to get out their way, because during the process when hitting the entertainment center, they bopped her in the head. As she's walking to her room, SS threw the ball at my DD as hard as he could and knocked her kindle out of hand and it landed on the hardwood floor and is cracked and won't even cut on. Im fuckin pissed. I told him for that, his kindle is now hers. He was like no the heck it's not and went on and on about your not mama. You didn't buy it. Blah blah. DH is otw home now from work. Am I wrong? Shouldn't she get his? We've had it stored for months for Christmas.. And I don't even think the warranty will cover that.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM
3 moms liked this

He just learned the hard way why we don't play ball in the house! I would give her his Kindle. However I would give him opportunities to pay for a new one.

LyTe684
by Tasha on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have knocked him clean on his ass.
Paigesmommy78
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I would have done the same
.Bad.Wolf.
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I would do the same. No more Kindle for him.
Sj218
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope your husband backs you up. I would!
julainepw
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM
This sounds like a fair way to handle it.

Quoting Anonymous:

He just learned the hard way why we don't play ball in the house! I would give her his Kindle. However I would give him opportunities to pay for a new one.

iHEAVENn
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Yep she gets his. He can earn one back by doing LOADS of chorse around the house

MommyGoddess27
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Hell yea he better give it up! Talk it over with his dad first, and let him tell him maybe...idk how your relationship is with your SS...
MommyGoddess27
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
He also needs ta get checked for disrespecting you! End it now or he will continue to do it!!
emt088
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM
5 moms liked this

wouldnt even be a consideration in my house. Of course his kindle would become hers. He was the one douching around in the living room. HE was the one throwing things at her.. and to top it off, then he mouths off to you? Oh HELL NO.    I would immediately head up to SSs room and rip EVERYTHING he loves out of his room in addition to giving the kindle to his sister. Thats fine. I'm not your mom.. but this sure as hell is my house, and either what I say goes, or ALL of your stuff does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN