Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AGE GAP 6-8 YEARS? OPINIONS?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you have kids spaced 6-8 years apart? I am currently pregnant with #2 and when she is born my first will be 6 and a half.

What is your experience with this age gap? Pros? Cons?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM
It is a personal choice. Mine are 2 years and 9 months apart. I was over 30 with my first and I didn't want to be pregnant after 35.
JTROX
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I have 2 boys.  They are 8 years and 1.5 months apart.

I like the age difference.  

mandy_2536
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM
My oldest and middle are six years apart and it was hard at First getting back in the swing of Having a newborn but Brian did great
with her
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Quoting Anonymous: It is a personal choice. Mine are 2 years and 9 months apart. I was over 30 with my first and I didn't want to be pregnant after 35.

Well, kinda a personal choice :)

My first I had when I was really young and his biological dad chose not to be involved. I met dh when he my first was a baby so we had to establish our relationship before becoming parents... Thats why there is a large age gap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Awesome you waited. Odds are if you have a baby young you have the 2nd within 2 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: It is a personal choice. Mine are 2 years and 9 months apart. I was over 30 with my first and I didn't want to be pregnant after 35.

Well, kinda a personal choice :)

My first I had when I was really young and his biological dad chose not to be involved. I met dh when he my first was a baby so we had to establish our relationship before becoming parents... Thats why there is a large age gap.

cupcake_mom
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Mine are 4 years apart. I love it. The only down fall so far is that sometimes my oldest doesn't want to watch or play what my youngest does.
kristiansmommy1
by New Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Not sure yet, mine will be 7 1/2 years apart but I think it will be a good age gap since they have enough time getting all the attention :) my son is ecstatic to be finally getting a sibling
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:09 AM
My oldest and next are 6 years apart. They are adults now and are still best friends. The others are all 4 years apart and we planned it that way and we enjoy that age difference better than the 6 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Quoting cupcake_mom: Mine are 4 years apart. I love it. The only down fall so far is that sometimes my oldest doesn't want to watch or play what my youngest does.

I asked because my first was like "will the new baby play with me when she's my age?" and I realized that when she is his age he will be 12! I just hope they do play and have a relationship. 

For the most part do your kids get along?

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM
My oldest and youngest are 6 years apart. They adore each other so far. It was not our choice to have such a gap but fertility issues kept us from having them closer in age.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)