Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Weapons anyone?... How far would you go?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 73 Replies

Poll

Question: Is having a weapon on hand necessary?

Options:

Heck yeah!

Yeah, but not carrying it around.

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 53

View Results

In this crazy, twisted world we live in, it seems like we can never be too careful when it comes to our family's safety. Many women have taken the step to purchase weapons just in case. I always have my pink taser on hand in my purse for easy access when the kids and I are out. Who has a weapon for protection? What kind? Let's see pics!

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sburger315
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

We have several rifles around our house. My one SIL has a knife and sword collection in her bedroom and my one BIL has his gun collection scattered through out his house. All able to use when needed. Don't have any photos though. 

Luke 3/15/11    Maddie 4/29/12    Identical Twin Girls Due 5/29/14

emommy24811
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Nice! You all are warriors lol cowgirl

Quoting sburger315:

We have several rifles around our house. My one SIL has a knife and sword collection in her bedroom and my one BIL has his gun collection scattered through out his house. All able to use when needed. Don't have any photos though. 

sburger315
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Of course! lol(: We love shooting shit and hunting. 

Quoting emommy24811:

Quoting sburger315:

Luke 3/15/11    Maddie 4/29/12    Identical Twin Girls Due 5/29/14

emommy24811
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM

laughing

Quoting sburger315:

Of course! lol(: We love shooting shit and hunting. 

Quoting emommy24811:

Quoting sburger315:

kayjayjess
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I'm getting my concealed weapons permit in January.

My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability.  They are the definition of unconditional love.

Honeygator
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Yeah! In OK we can have both a conceal carry and openly carry guns. I have 4 rifles.

Perle1
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Maybe if I lived in the forest I might feel the need, but I live in a city. I feel uncomfortable around guns so no, I don't want one. 

emommy24811
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I would never touch a gun, but I still have a taser. Have you thought of getting one?

Quoting Perle1:

Maybe if I lived in the forest I might feel the need, but I live in a city. I feel uncomfortable around guns so no, I don't want one. 

Perle1
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Quoting emommy24811:

I would never touch a gun, but I still have a taser. Have you thought of getting one?

Quoting Perle1:

I guess I could, but I've never felt like I needed something. I'm 41 years old and I just don't feel that unsafe to start arming myself with anything at this point. Maybe it's naive, but I don't feel uncomfortable. I don't really have unsafe behaviors, I live in a nice part of town and while I work in the hood, there's a security guard that sees people out to their cars. I've honestly never felt threatened by people. My whole town overall has a high crime rate, but for whatever reason, it's not what I think about every day. And my little corner if the city is pretty safe.

emommy24811
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Wow... I wish we could move to where you live. cheers

Quoting Perle1:

Quoting emommy24811:

Quoting Perle1:

I guess I could, but I've never felt like I needed something. I'm 41 years old and I just don't feel that unsafe to start arming myself with anything at this point. Maybe it's naive, but I don't feel uncomfortable. I don't really have unsafe behaviors, I live in a nice part of town and while I work in the hood, there's a security guard that sees people out to their cars. I've honestly never felt threatened by people. My whole town overall has a high crime rate, but for whatever reason, it's not what I think about every day. And my little corner if the city is pretty safe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN