Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long do taxes take?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:08 AM
  • 6 Replies

I didn't do my taxes for three years. Yes, I know that's really bad. Honestly I just procrastinated because I knew I was supposed to get money back and no one would audit me for that.

My uncle offered to do my taxes free of charge for me. He went to school to become a CPA but went back and became a social worker. Anyways,I know I can trust him not to steal from me, but I'm qustioning his timing.

I gave him all my W2s and info around Halloween. Early December he asked me how much I had spent on textbooks and I sent him an email with the total for each year and attatched online receipts.

Still haven't heard back from him. Do taxes usually take this long?

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Perle1
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:51 AM

No, he put it off. I do mine in a few hours and I itemize all my deductions and have investment income.

TurtleMami
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:07 AM

A few hours? Shit. I feel like an idiot. Tomorrow I'll call him and on monday I'm going to H&R block.

Quoting Perle1:

No, he put it off. I do mine in a few hours and I itemize all my deductions and have investment income.

nussknacker
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I use a CPA, because my taxes are complicated. No way I could do them myself. I am sure he must have 100 plus folks taxes to do, but he still pulls it off  in a few weeks...

Perle1
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Maybe he worked on it though if he was asking for documents. Ask him where he is in it and whether its too much for him given that its now tax season. Hopefully he would tell you. Have you tried to just do them yourself? Most people's are pretty easy. I use software from H&R Block.

Quoting TurtleMami:

A few hours? Shit. I feel like an idiot. Tomorrow I'll call him and on monday I'm going to H&R block.

Quoting Perle1:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Taxes are not even going to be looked at until january 28, 2014.
caligirl7613
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM
idk ive always used jackson hewitt. i file as soon as i get my w2s and usually have my refund in about 10 days. he may have some extra work to do, since you are behind a few years, and yours may not be the only ones he is doing. just gove him a quick call or email and ask how its going.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)