Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

He's married?!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 42 Replies
Just curious, how many of you lovely ladies got married to someone other then your first child's father? My elder sister is currently a single mom and she feels she should give up on dating because she feels no one wants to marry a woman who already has a child. Comments? Opinions??
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristiansmommy1
by New Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Not true, I'm engaged and he's not my sons father. He treats him like his own. I never thought I'd find someone like him and I thought like your sister. It happened when I had given up and least expected it :) it will happen for her when it's meant to
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Not me. Married over 6 years before kids. Still together.
LilyRuiz213
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Thank you for sharing your story! Congratulations on your engagement and on finding your someone special :) I hope you guys have a very happy life together. Ill be sure to let my sister know what you said about it can happen and will happen when her time comes, thanks again!!

Quoting kristiansmommy1: Not true, I'm engaged and he's not my sons father. He treats him like his own. I never thought I'd find someone like him and I thought like your sister. It happened when I had given up and least expected it :) it will happen for her when it's meant to
LilyRuiz213
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM
You are very fortunate and blessed to have a long lasting marriage. I'm very happy for you :)

Quoting Anonymous: Not me. Married over 6 years before kids. Still together.
Kellileanne
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

My dad married my mom when I was a pre-teen, he didn't have any kids of his own and had been through a really horrible divorce years earlier.  He is more of a dad than my biofather.

LilyRuiz213
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM
He sounds like such a good man. Alot of men may find it difficult to enter into a household with a woman who has a daughter reaching her teen years. I'm so glad that he has been there for you as a real father that he was able to make your mother happy. Thank you for sharing :)

Quoting Kellileanne:

My dad married my mom when I was a pre-teen, he didn't have any kids of his own and had been through a really horrible divorce years earlier.  He is more of a dad than my biofather.

orchardmoma
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I'm pretty sure this is true for 80% of CM. 

LilyRuiz213
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM
80% of cafemom has married someone other then the father of her first child? If that's what you mean that's extremely comforting and reassuring in my sisters case , thank you :)

Quoting orchardmoma:

Kellileanne
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM

They have been together for many many years now (I'm 35 now) and both still say they are soulmates.  He is just an amazing person all around.  If I need help with something he will take off work just to help me out, put off plans, give up something he really wanted to do just to make sure I'm taken care of.  And, I'm an identical twin and our older sister is 2 1/2 yrs older than us. So he walked into a house full of women. lol

Quoting LilyRuiz213: He sounds like such a good man. Alot of men may find it difficult to enter into a household with a woman who has a daughter reaching her teen years. I'm so glad that he has been there for you as a real father that he was able to make your mother happy. Thank you for sharing :)

Quoting Kellileanne:

orchardmoma
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry that my reply was unclear. You should edit and add a poll to see the percentage.

Quoting LilyRuiz213: 80% of cafemom has married someone other then the father of her first child? If that's what you mean that's extremely comforting and reassuring in my sisters case , thank you :)

Quoting orchardmoma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)