Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating with no gifts

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
If you were dating someone and they didnt give you a Christmas gift. Would you move on?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM
5 moms liked this

No, you date someone because you enjoy their company and like them ... not because you expect them to buy you gifts.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM
No. I don't celebrate Christmas. If the person I was dating was upset that I didn't give a gift, I would move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM

No, agree with the others you don't date someone for gifts.  In 29 years of marriage I got gifts for anniversaries probably 5 times.  I didn't marry for gifts either.  The other person may want to move on if they are so important to you. 

Honeygator
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:35 PM

There's been some research done that has a  little validity in proving that single guys avoid serious dating and dating at all between the Christmas season and Valentines Day because they don't know how to handle gift-giving to someone they don't know well.

On the other hand, women always want to give a man something. That would be something trivial if they just met the guy, but she wants to give him something.

I don't believe The Woman's Movement has figured out how to tackle this problem yet, . ROFL! 

Pnukey
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Not necessarily. There are too many factors to consider first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I was dating a guy a month before Christmas..He bought me a gift but I didn't know we were exchanging gifts..I felt bad that he surprised me with a gift but made it up by paying for dinner our next date..

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Umm no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I wouldn't move on but id be disappointed
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Yes, because it's kind of thoughtless on their part.  Even if it was a box of chocolates it would show thought and effort in getting it. 

AllysMommy2013
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Gifts dont matter to me but this year i gave him a daughter the least he could do is get me a card (he actually got me an expensive camera)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)