Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Next time please call ahead!

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM
  • 22 Replies

I just had some acquiantances of ours show up completely unexpected.  

I was expecting a nice quiet day today.  I had to work this morning a bit but thankfully I was able to do it at home.  I was just pouring my second cup of coffee when I hear a knock at the front door.  I answered and there they were smiling.  They wanted to drop by to wish us a happy holidays.  It's called text message, facebook or a phone call people!  You don't just show up unannounced!  They were here for almost 2 hours.  Not only did that take away from our regular schedule but it also set LO's nap time off.  

Do you show up unannounced?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/119769

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caligirl7613
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM
not unless its an emergency....or im stopping by my grandparents...they dont mind but anyone else...no...and i refuse to oen the door for ppl who just show up....i dont care if they KNOW im home and can actually see me (through the small window in the door or whatever) i ignore them. its rude to just show up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBairrseach
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Wow very straightforward.  I like it :)  

Quoting caligirl7613: not unless its an emergency....or im stopping by my grandparents...they dont mind but anyone else...no...and i refuse to oen the door for ppl who just show up....i dont care if they KNOW im home and can actually see me (through the small window in the door or whatever) i ignore them. its rude to just show up.

caligirl7613
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this
especially because everyone who knows me knows my feelings on the subject as far as just showing up. now, ive had ppl say well what if its an emergency when whoever shows up, how would you know if you wont open the door.....common sense...someone just dropping by will knock or ring the bell a few times, someone with an emergency is gonna be beating the door down, hollerin and doing EVERYTHING they can to get your attention.

Quoting LadyBairrseach:

Wow very straightforward.  I like it :)  

Quoting caligirl7613: not unless its an emergency....or im stopping by my grandparents...they dont mind but anyone else...no...and i refuse to oen the door for ppl who just show up....i dont care if they KNOW im home and can actually see me (through the small window in the door or whatever) i ignore them. its rude to just show up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I can top that one.
Lol, we had family come unnanounced from 500 miles away and spend 2 nights at our house.
kali_w2
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I show up at friends' house unannounced once in a while - to drop off or pick up something while I'm out running errands.  I don't expect to be invited in and surely don't invite myself in.  If fact, I don't expect them to be home or answer the door.

I would ONLY go to an acquaintances unannouced if I had a specific, valid reason.  I can't recall doing it anytime recently.

I can't imagine letting an acquaintance into my house w/o a specific, valid reason.

dalbax2
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Doesnt bother me. I can either not answer the door or tell them I am on my way out. Most everyone who would come to visit is welcome regardless.
Mommy2bbyboy
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 8:52 PM
I would never show up somewhere unannounced! And I hate when people do that to me!!!!!!
mamahufferd
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:52 PM
only to my family! :) specifically grandparents and sisters houses.
LeilaBeansMom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Nope. Never. I hate that! I will NOT open my door if you show up unannounced. I don't care if my car is in the driveway and I am home.
blueforewolf
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:12 AM

"oh I'm so sorry, I am working on...   Oh thank you so much but I have to .......  stuff like that   people have got to call me before they come absolutely 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)