Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would you ever leave a sleeping child in the car alone?

Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 9:01 PM
Lets Watch The Walking Dead Episode 2 Together! - CafeMom

The second episode of The Walking Dead airs Sunday, October 19th! Meet us here at 9pm EST as we watch and discuss the show

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:48 AM
  • 68 Replies

Car Towed With Sleeping Child Inside Is All Her Mom's Fault (VIDEO)

by Mary Fischer

car being towed

Wow. You really can't make this stuff up. A mom in Texas is all bent out of shape after her car was towed away with her 4-year-old inside of it -- while the little girl was sleeping in the back seat.

Brandy Taylor pulled into an apartment complex, parked, then supposedly went inside one of the units to pick up another child. And when she came out, her car was gone -- along with her daughter. She told KHOU11 News, "Some wrecker truck people came and towed my car with my little girl in the back seat, and I was trying to get my other baby. They left with it."

Luckily, she was quickly reunited with the child, as the sheriff's office was able to track down the truck a few miles away. The driver apparently did not see the little girl in the back when he drove off, so as of now, no charges have been filed.

And now Brandy has a message for others who visit this apartment complex. Check out this video to hear more.

Be careful where you park. Um ... am I the only one who thinks the tow truck driver is not the one to blame here?

CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON THE STORY FROM KHOU

Why in the heck did she leave the little girl in the car in the first place? As parents, it's practically drilled into our heads that leaving our kids in our vehicles is something we should never do under any circumstances. And even if she had left her there because she did not want to wake her up, she had to have been inside the apartment for at least a good 20 to 30 minutes ... right?

Someone would've had to call the towing company, and then the driver would've had to hook the car up and move it out of there, which definitely takes more than a few minutes.

I understand that sometimes as moms we really have our hands full and think it can't hurt to leave our kids -- but this should serve as one more reminder that it's never a good idea ... EVER.

Forget pressing charges on the driver. This mom should just be happy she's not the one in hot water over what happened to her kid.

Would you ever leave a sleeping child in the car alone?

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaylonsmommy26
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah that is against the law where I live. People have been arrested for that very thing.

Peephy
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I've heard that some tow truck drivers are actually on the prowl for towing vehicles, and it seems to be that way around apartment complexes since this isn't the first story I've heard like this. ( A man was unloading his groceries into his apartment I believe, and his son was in his truck when it was towed while he was upstairs.)  Not saying that I agree with leaving your child in the vehicle - kid should have come first, not the groceries.  But in this case I do understand not being able to carry both kids at the same time - I have two and need to take them inside one at a time if they are sleeping from the car ride.  

In the end though, its her own fault - she should have paid attention to the parking rules.

~Let go, and Let God~

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Nope, but since I don't drive I've never considered it. When I have the kids in a car there's always someone else with me who can watch them if I have something to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachellaree20
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Tow truck drivers drive around our apartment complex constantly looking for cars that don't have their parking permit or are parked illegally but regardless I'd never leave my child in the car alone even for a few minutes and especially not out of sight.  What if I went in my apartment to get my other child, slipped on something and knocked myself out and had to go to the hospital?  Unlikely sure but you never know what could happen.

som610
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this
I have at home in my drive way. Windows partly down and us outside. And once in the garage. window was down and the door into the house was open.

But at a public place, no way!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Mom is trying to shift blame away from herself. I never did.
mom4awesomekids
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:16 AM
No especially not with the temps as low as they are
jennfin
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I have not..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Yup. But then my kids are 23 21 and 17

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)