Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I dont want my child, update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 279 Replies
4 moms liked this
Lately, I have been having feelings of not wanting my child. Not that I don't love him I do, but I'm almost to the point of abandoning him with my mother and sending child support to her. I'm not depressed, its not that I want to do things, because before this feeling I would drag him with me every where. But now he is four and I want nothing to do with him. I can't stand or handle him. I don't know why, weather its behavioral I don't know. But I just don't want him. I don't know what to do either. My mother put me in this position in the first place when she said that "if you don't want him I will adopt him". This isn't the first time I have felt this way either, I have felt this way since I was pregnant. When I was pregnant I was going to put Ds up for adoption and make it open. But even after I told my mother this she still said the above. Like I said I love my son, but I am not feeling motherly. I'm even to the point that I'm done having kids out right.

I told my mom how I am feeling, she is now taking care of my Ds till I can feeling I am up for it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:52 AM
6 moms liked this

Have you talked to a doctor about this?  Maybe you just need to get some things out about it.  Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:29 AM
I have she just tells me I need to talk to someone about it and I have a hard time trusting psychologist and counselors. If I go on anti depressants I end up suicidal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you talked to a doctor about this?  Maybe you just need to get some things out about it.  Good luck!

jr41568
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:05 AM

I have to children and I love them both. I cant say as I have ever felt like you do. But, I can say I am glad they are to the age of taking care of themselves. If you need to talk just message me on here. Sending thoughts and Prayers your way. :)love you sign

dalbax2
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:56 AM
15 moms liked this
Wow. If you cant talk to a professional then please turn your DS over to your mother if she is capable of taking care of him. He deserves to be w/ someone who actually wants him.
mustbeGRACE
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:03 AM
19 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: I have she just tells me I need to talk to someone about it and I have a hard time trusting psychologist and counselors. If I go on anti depressants I end up suicidal.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you become suicidal on antidepressants, you  may be bipolar.

Bipolar people can't take antidepressants, not even over the counters like St. John's Wort.

It doesn't take much time taking antidepressants that you shouldn't be taking to cause you to feel suicidal, even having stopped the antidepressants, for years, yes years, after. It's called suicidal ideation and can happen several times a day for no reason or when there's emotional upset. Ignore it.

You need to get into good counseling. Maybe you have post-partum depression.

If your mother is acceptable, let her adopt your child. Use birth control until your life is straightened out.

But realize that you really have to be a big sister until your child is grown. No going back and forth for the sake of the child.

Work on creating a drama-free life so your mom will keep  allowing  you to be a part of the family.

It's all about your child now.

erikadi
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I have had post partum depression too. Before you do anything I would see a therapist and maybe get on some meds. Both really helped me. If these things don't help and you still want to place him for adoption, I would place him with your mother unless you don't feel confident in her parenting skills or place him for open adoption. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

have  you gone to the doctors? it seems like some kind of babybblues! id have your mom adopt him IIM SURE HE CAN TELL HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT HIM, he will grow up having some kind of problems because of anger issues by you, kids can tell if the parent resrents them it might not be your fault but see the doctor for your childs sake and if you still feel the same give the child to your mother to adopt .

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe its postpartum depression? Sometimes it doesn't show up until the child is 1 or 2 and can last for years if untreated. I had it with all 3 of my children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
That is exactly what it sounds like.

Quoting ZakkarysMom: Maybe its postpartum depression? Sometimes it doesn't show up until the child is 1 or 2 and can last for years if untreated. I had it with all 3 of my children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM
I've been there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)