Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

what does your home office look like?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
SO just built me an office space. It's bare wood walls and floor right now. He told me I could do whatever I want with it. Im clueless! I want something fun, nothing boring where I hate being in the space. I googled and pinterest, but a lot of that stuff is just too much going on. I don't want a whole lot of time and investment spent into it.

So, anyone want to share pic(s) of their office space for ideas? I love the idea of homemade built shelves, tables, etc!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
the3Rs
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Mobile Photo

I can show you mine but it isn't really what you're looking for...but I LOVE it!

This is the view from the door, & that's my desk where I work full time (I telecommute)
the3Rs
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Mobile Photo

And looking back towards the door - my grandma's sewing table that opens on both sides for sewing...there's also an oversized closet behind me in this pic.
my4boys2002
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:14 PM

This is my home office/shoe room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM
I'm actually building my library now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:57 AM
My kitchen table looking out over beautiful acreage.
TurtleMami
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:46 PM

My home office is my bathroom.

Jk, but not really. I just started painting fake nails and selling them. Because of the smell, I work in the bathroom. The fan makes it easier to breathe, but doesn't create an air current, which dries up polish prematurely.

fern624
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:32 PM

My office space is my kitchen table...I have a small book self...I always find out i can use more space...More of this or that...Just make your office the way you want it to be something you enjoy cause you'll be the one spending the most time in it...So enjoy it...

bhow
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

You should be facing the door when people walk in.  It will give them a sense that you are in control and helps you concentrate better than facing a wall or window.  You will not be surprised when somebody comes in and will be able to maintain your level of concentration once they leave. (if they're not their all day)  A window is always a plus for natural light and gloominess even in winter.  Soft greens and blues or grays, shouldn't use strong white or ivory tones.  Colors with any "red" to them are too stimulating and can overwhelm you without realizing it.  

mom4awesomekids
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:02 AM
We don't have a home office.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)