Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

need a little help from some crafty moms

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

I would like to make my dd a tutu with feathers at the bottom i already can make the tut but i do not know how to attach the feathers like this one 

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=tutu+dress+with+feathers+&go=&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=tutu+dress+with+feathers+&sc=0-18&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&id=BB8C073C6CC7247948A69ADF4477570A9EE69E49&selectedIndex=21

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
silverthreads
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:27 AM

I wasn't able to see the exact tutu you ask about, but saw many when searching online.  And watched a youtube video also.  I saw tutus with feathers all over the skirt and others with feather trim at the bottom only.  Hot glue was used to attach feathers in one video.  I would assume any fabric glue would work well.  The skirt entirely covered with feathers was made using feather boas that you can get at Hobby Lobby and similar craft stores.  They had several boas, cut them to the length needed, and attached with glue at the waist of the tutu.  I think you could also tie with thread or ribbon.  Hope this is helpful information even though I couldn't see your link.

sashamom27159
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Hi the look i am going for is the one with the feathers at the bottom i can not seem to find a video on that 

sashamom27159
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM

dalbax2
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM
I am thinking feather boas. I would tack them on w/ some heavy thread.
silverthreads
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:47 PM

So cute.........tacking on a boa is a great idea........with thread or fabric glue.   GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)