Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I'm so excited for my little turtle's first birthday! Officially, nothing has been planned. But I've been hoarding ideas and in a few days I'll start working on them. And all this excitement makes me wonder...

How did you celebrate your baby's first birthday?

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
vervainfaery
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My sons 1st bday is in August, I am not sure the theme yet though I am going to have a picnic with family and friends. And have a smash cake for my son and a regular cake for the guests.

shashta102
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
When my DD turned one we did Cliffdor the big red dog. She loved it we had a barbeque everything went well until my mom put dd hand in her own little cake, my DD had a fight saying Nanny's bad bath ikiy so as you can tell she was not happy.
ProudMeof2
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:39 PM

There will be 1 other lil girl at her party who just turned 1. But there will be 2 almost 4 year olds(my daughter's brother and the other lil girls brother), a 6 yr old boy (my daughter's godparents son), and my neigherbors 4 year old son. The rest is just family who are all grown. All the little boys consider her their baby so it will be good so it won't turn into a boys party. Lol...

Quoting TurtleMami:

That all sounds so adorable!! Especially the m&m's. Are you going to have guests her age?

TurtleMami
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:44 PM

That's cute! Unfortunately my son doesn't have any playmates so it will be more of an adult party. But there will be lots of crazy decorations so hopefully he'll like those.

Quoting ProudMeof2:

There will be 1 other lil girl at her party who just turned 1. But there will be 2 almost 4 year olds(my daughter's brother and the other lil girls brother), a 6 yr old boy (my daughter's godparents son), and my neigherbors 4 year old son. The rest is just family who are all grown. All the little boys consider her their baby so it will be good so it won't turn into a boys party. Lol...

Quoting TurtleMami:

That all sounds so adorable!! Especially the m&m's. Are you going to have guests her age?

ProudMeof2
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

More adults mean more presents. Hahaha... Have you thought about putting something up he can play in? I bought the Disney Princess Ball Pit House (it's little and can fit in the corner of the living room) so that the lil gurls would have something to play in while the boys were running around.

Quoting TurtleMami:

That's cute! Unfortunately my son doesn't have any playmates so it will be more of an adult party. But there will be lots of crazy decorations so hopefully he'll like those.

CafeMom Tickers

nussknacker
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Just a cake I made. A few gifts, but none of my one year olds were really aware that it was a special day. Waited till they were older to have a few friends over. Guess that makes me a grinch.

LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My younges will be turning one next month.

TurtleMami
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Honestly I hadn't thought of that. I guess I'll go look for something similar to a ball pit house, something special for his birthday.

Quoting ProudMeof2:

More adults mean more presents. Hahaha... Have you thought about putting something up he can play in? I bought the Disney Princess Ball Pit House (it's little and can fit in the corner of the living room) so that the lil gurls would have something to play in while the boys were running around.

Quoting TurtleMami:

TurtleMami
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:07 PM

No it doesn't. With school, I'm not sure if I'll still be near my family next year, or the ones soon after. So I just want to go all out for this one, and have lots of pictures to show him when he's older.

Quoting nussknacker:

Just a cake I made. A few gifts, but none of my one year olds were really aware that it was a special day. Waited till they were older to have a few friends over. Guess that makes me a grinch.

ShesALady
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Oohh get the Dr. Suess bday book and have all the guests sign it! I got that idea off Pinterest. They even have a cute poem that goes with it. My baby turns one this month too so I've been planning haha.

Quoting TurtleMami:

The butterfly and lady bug ones must have been so cute! I almost went with pirate for my son, but I changed my mind to Dr. Seuss. Thanks! Have fun planning your little one's b-day!

Quoting srehman: My first Dd was butterflies, my second dd was ladybugs, and my sons I first will be nautical. Although, a "friend" did a pirate themed party for her sons 6th birthday knowing I have done all nautical/pirate stuff since I was pregnant with my son. No biggie I will look up different ocean themed cakes and such. It will be awesome!

Just have fun don't stress too much! Happy 1st birthday!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)